Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just interested in finding out what aftermarket audio components everyone has. I am running a set of 6 1/2" JL ZR series components in the doors, 6x9" JL TR coaxials in the back, a JL 300/4 amp on the inside speakers, 2 12" JL W6's ported, a JL 1000/1 class D amp, a BATCAP 800 battery/capacitor, all JL wires, and a Panasonic headunit.

D

·
0 Posts
228 watt Pioneer 7 speaker system w/ 10" sub in the rear, with tweeters in the front doors. 06 Cobalt is single disk, 07 is 6 disk-in-dash.

Wait that's OEM. I guess the proper response would have been no response.

(sorry it's late and I'm sober)

M

·
0 Posts
replaced the front driver side speaker with a Alpine SPS-17C2 b/c thats all i ended up having time to do that day and havnt got around to replacing the other :D

but i have to re-do it because the cobalt has a retarded mounting system for the speakers, and i ended up having the speaker mount (adapter that came with the speakers) rattling against the door panel :(
so now i need to work out a solution for that....shitty...
ill probably end up doing what i did in the 05 balt and rip appart the factory mount and go from there :(

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a Panasonic Flip Screen headunit, Rockford Fosgate P300.1 Amp, 4gauge Monster Cable and 2 10" MTW Subs, it pumps like a bitch, joh and the factory Pioneer setup

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'm runnin' stock! booyaa! haha. I've got the audio stuff on the back burner. I plan on getting rockford fosgate subs and infinity door speakers. I haven't even thought about audio in a long time!

R

·
0 Posts
when i get my rx-8 back i'm going to have just something simple. my best friend for x-mas got me a 12in visonik speaker with an enclosed box and it's own amp. it was on sale for only $35 from $79. I didn't want anything fancy just a little boom boom.

my cobalt had the stock sub

and my cavalier before that had 2 10in 10w3d4 500 watta piece jl audio speakers, excelons in the front and crossfires in the rear 250 watt amp running those and a 1200 watt amp pushing the jl's my husband kept it when i left him (jerk)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well when i get some time I have a Pioneer Premier 880 head w/ ipod and Sirius, Zapco DCRef 300.4, 500.1, Rainbow Germanium Comps up front, taking out the rears, Looking for new subs tho. and a whole lotta sound deadening to do!

The stock audio is absolutely killing me!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
sig...

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I haven't even thought about audio in a long time!
LOL, I hear ya on that one. When I had my Cavalier, I was never that concerned with audio. I was running two Audiobahn 12's with Audiobahn amps, and all stock inside speakers. Now tho, audio is probably my main focus point. Just trying to get the trunk setup finished so that we can start tuning the system for sound quality competition.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you just going to do local competitions? have you ever done comps?
Yea, I have done some local competitions. The car has been roughly tuned for sound quality ever since I installed it, but I still do SPL comp with it tuned for SQ. My last local show I hit 146 dbs. Keep in mind tho that is with the sub levels set lower than an SPL setup to try and keep the SQ higher.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a 300 watt amp powering my 12" Infinity Perfect, a 120 Watt Amp powering my 6x9's in the rear, tweeters in the door, factory front speakers, and factory HU, I had two 12" Subs, but when i moved to FL, I had to leave some in storage back in MA, that was my other 12" Sub, My Fiance's Subs, and a Boat load of wires, which is what i need to wire in my other 300 watt amp, for the other sub, and to wire in a amp for the fronts, and a capacitor, I need one of those too.

Z

·
0 Posts
kenwood ddx7015 6.5in touchscreen head unit w/ gps navi
boston acoustics pro 60 front components and crossovers.
jensen triaxial 6x9 rear speakers
jensen 460watt 4 channel amp(for speakers)
almani 900watt 2channel amp
2 10' MTX T4500
total about 680watts rms and 1360 watts max

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm the only one with polk speakers. I have a pioneer head unit, 6.5" component in the front, 6x9" in the back, with a cool reardeck mounted sub mod on the back burner.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm the only one with polk speakers. I have a pioneer head unit, 6.5" component in the front, 6x9" in the back, with a cool reardeck mounted sub mod on the back burner.
The shop that I used to work at sold Polk. Some of there stuff sounds really good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the pioneer p4900ib headunit, its discontinued on crutchfield, but I think you can find it still at bestbuy. its got some sound to it, and my polks cry seriously, the highs are unbelieveable, I don't compete or anything, but I like to listen to my music to the point where you can hear me from down the street. I have an 07 cobalt but I didn't buy that $130 wiring harness bullshit, what my buddy and I did was... mounted the stock headunit in the trunk, extended the computer cable(ignition), constant power, and the illumination wires to the trunk and grounded it to a bolt in the back, then we hooked the new headunit wiht constant power, the speakers, and got a add a fuse adapter and put the ignition sourse to the wiperblade fuse. I took the car to the dealer and asked them to check for any errors codes from the computer and they told me everything was fine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.