Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just as the title says what do you miss about your old car?, for me my old car a 93 ford tempo (seen below) had a power equipment group which included power windows, power trunk release, power gas cap release, and what I miss most power adjustable seat, so just wondering what do you all miss.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
which one ? lol

Everyone of them had a thing about them I miss. My most missed car was my 88 cavalier z24. Was my first car really. I miss the looks, people calling it a 5.0 stang, the v6 and exhaust having an almost v8 sound. The simplicity.

some pics, this was about not too long before I stupidly sold it back in 04.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I miss my 86 Dodge Daytona. Spent am entire summer rebuilding the engine and turbo, wound up with 286 HP. That was a fun car for being 23 years old, then some snatch drove right out in front of me a month later while I was doing 35. Still upset.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Heated side view mirrors, up to this day I cannot believe that in 2012 any car company that installs rear window defog, would not also have side mirror defrost. Especially in Canada and northern USA.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
which one ? lol

Everyone of them had a thing about them I miss. My most missed car was my 88 cavalier z24. Was my first car really. I miss the looks, people calling it a 5.0 stang, the v6 and exhaust having an almost v8 sound. The simplicity.

some pics, this was about not too long before I stupidly sold it back in 04.

Wow that is a nice z24 i must admit

I miss my 86 Dodge Daytona. Spent am entire summer rebuilding the engine and turbo, wound up with 286 HP. That was a fun car for being 23 years old, then some snatch drove right out in front of me a month later while I was doing 35. Still upset.
Wow 283 hp for a small little truck like that is awesome

Heated side view mirrors, up to this day I cannot believe that in 2012 any car company that installs rear window defog, would not also have side mirror defrost. Especially in Canada and northern USA.
Well for me where I live the coldest it has ever gotten is 10 degrees so heated side mirrors is useless (no offense to you coby)

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
yea, was a great car, never had an issue with it. It was my moms for about 4 years before I took it and I drove it for about 3-4 years. Good thing about parents have more cars then they know what to do with is I did not have to buy a car to start out haha. Just realized those pics were a year before I sold it because the windows were un-tinted in those pics. I wish I could go back and keep it, it'd be a nice car by now. 3400 v6 swap, turbo'd, lowered with nice 17's.... oh well, live and learn. I plan to look for one once I get some extra money down the road.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
well my first car was a 99 sunfire.. there really isnt much to miss on that car except the seats were fairly comfortable for roadtrips

then there was the 07 cobalt LT I had..

If I miss anything its just the shimmer of the clean black paint (which cant be beaten by any other color), but at the same time black is the biggest pain to keep clean so in reality its bitter/sweet going to red

other than that the only thing to miss would be the MPG because I'm averaging about 5-7 MPG lower with the ss, but smiles per gallon is way up so then again its bitter/sweet lol overall the SS totally destroys all aspects of my LT imo but there are a few lil things you miss at times lol

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
well my first car was a 99 sunfire.. there really isnt much to miss on that car except the seats were fairly comfortable for roadtrips

then there was the 07 cobalt LT I had..

If I miss anything its just the shimmer of the clean black paint (which cant be beaten by any other color), but at the same time black is the biggest pain to keep clean so in reality its bitter/sweet going to red

other than that the only thing to miss would be the MPG because I'm averaging about 5-7 MPG lower with the ss, but smiles per gallon is way up so then again its bitter/sweet lol overall the SS totally destroys all aspects of my LT imo but there are a few lil things you miss at times lol

Oh yeah I love me a black car but where I live (a dirt road) it would never stay clean

yea, was a great car, never had an issue with it. It was my moms for about 4 years before I took it and I drove it for about 3-4 years. Good thing about parents have more cars then they know what to do with is I did not have to buy a car to start out haha. Just realized those pics were a year before I sold it because the windows were un-tinted in those pics. I wish I could go back and keep it, it'd be a nice car by now. 3400 v6 swap, turbo'd, lowered with nice 17's.... oh well, live and learn. I plan to look for one once I get some extra money down the road.
You should have kept it, that interior is pure awesomeness

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hmm, What i miss about my old car is everything. I bought for cheap and brought it back from near death. Previous owner just did nothing but drive it. I put alot of time into that car. 2000 elantra gls. Custom painted interior, with emblems on the door. Fog lights custom colored deep yellow and mounted by yours truly! LEd audi style lights around headlights. Led Grill lights(behind) . LEd interior white for foot wells. Blacked out emblems outside. Did all oil and and plug changes myself. Great car easy to work on. First car i did my own work on. besides my Cough cough civic

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Daytona was a car that had a similar look to the mustang 5.0's, rear loovers and all!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
ABS brakes.

Oh, and the body was banged to heck. I kept it running great and never had to worry about some jacknut banging the doors. Parking close to things is awesome.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It was like 175 hp but it seemed like it had more. When I would pass people it was so easy and accelerating was so quick
V6 right?

ABS brakes.

Oh, and the body was banged to heck. I kept it running great and never had to worry about some jacknut banging the doors. Parking close to things is awesome.
Wo wo wo wait your cobalt doesn't have ABS

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.