Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Do You Think?

2K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  padlock 
#1 ·
should i get these or not? im not crazy over the chrome but where else could a find a set of rims for $200.. hmm....

Rims

#4 ·
Keep the ones that you have, and check the weekly Sears catalogs, they run deals on rims almost every week it seems. If you are looking for rims check you local tires shops and get in good with the managers and tell them what you are looking for and your price range, they may keep you in mind to unload a set fast so they dont sit in their shop.

#10 · (Edited)
yea i think they might work if painted black, but they look pretty f'n heavy though too.

i might have to give this guy a call... they would be a nice set of summer wheels once painted black (and if you saw how bad my stockers are getting eaten from the salt around here in winter, you would realize alot of things look better) lol

n im not going to spend much on rims, im either going cheap or nothing (sounds dumb) but yea, if i dont find a cheap used set im not getting any at all (i cant really afford to blow $500++ dollars on rims in school even though those rims indeed look nicer) $200 though might be do-able

#11 · (Edited)
hey you guys i was messing with PS and i think i came up with something great here.. what do you think of this...

something to remember: my wheels are getting rather eaten up from salt now so they look kinda crummy with corrosion n all :(

here would be my plan:
stripping clear off my stock rims with aircraft remover, painting inner edges black along with the lugs n center cap (putting a red chevy bowtie in the center), then polishing the crap outta the aluminum rims, and finally clearing it.. sounds like lots of work but it looks pretty good in this Photoshop.. what do you think?

#15 ·
well im going to have to start looking for materials soon... a guy in the auto club at school knows his shit when it comes to stripping parts and painting kinda stuff. i really wanna know how shimmery the aluminum is going to look tho.. :drool:

#17 ·
oh boy.. even though id imagine you will let them go for a steal idk if i can dish out even a "steal" amount of money.. PM me what your looking to get for them with shipping to 53818 n i will see. im doubting though considering rims are not cheap in general

#20 ·
nah no tires dude.
well im getting new tires in the spring and if you want to wait till then to buy them ill sell you 2 of me ecsta ms's for 50 bux more.
there in good shape w alot of tread left. the other 2 wore so bad and my dad wants me to get a whole new set of tires bc there discontinued and he doesnt want me running with 2 diff sets of rims
i just wana get rid of the rims
like i said there curbed on a few spots. all but one.

#24 ·
All depends on how deep the corrosion, my personal opinion is to powdercoat them as you will have to keep polishing them to keep them looking good. Powdercoating is pretty much just rinse and dry.
I powdercoated the rims on my motorcycle and the maintenance is MUCH less intensive to keep them looking good now as opposed to factory coated aluminum.

#25 ·
true.. i can see exactly where you are coming from but im sadly broke when it comes to larger powdercoating costs. do you think its possible to even polish the aluminum to a shine then clearcoat over it to keep the shine. id do this because it would be much cheaper (if not it looks like im stuck with freakin corroded rims for a while) booo :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.