Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a little issue. I took off my headlights and my front bumper, and upon putting everything back together I told myself the biggest lie that everyone always tells themselves "I'll remember this."

Whoops.

There is an extra wiring harness on the drivers side headlight that I have no idea where it connects to. I see absolutely no connections on the headlight, nor below. These are stock headlights as well.

That little plug that is hanging out up front is the one that I have no idea where it goes. At the top is the headlight.

This is just a picture to show that these two plugs are in fact connected, just in case anyone were to wonder otherwise.

Is anyone able to help? I've searched all morning and haven't found anything.

Thank you

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
The only things it could be is ambient temp sensor or wiper fluid

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Yea its your ambient temp sensor plug. Do you get readings for outside air?

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
No, I do not have fog lights
still could be the wiring for the fogs.. Do you have another plug on the other side that isn't connected to anything?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only things it could be is ambient temp sensor or wiper fluid

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Yea its your ambient temp sensor plug. Do you get readings for outside air?
still could be the wiring for the fogs.. Do you have another plug on the other side that isn't connected to anything?
There isn't the same wiring on the other side, which is why I was so confused. And yes, I get readings for outside air. I did a quick search after reading what you said, and it seems to be exactly it.

However, I still have no idea where to plug it in despite nearly an hour of searching that little area. I'll try to search around and see if there is a specific place I need to be looking

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
take the driver side headlight out...theres a black frame its mounted in...take that out too...its a little grey/blue/green thing mounted on the back of that piece__________________
I may feel dumb after finding it. Never thought to look on the mounting bracket... :cheesy:

Thank you, everyone!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Connects to this little beast...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I always wondered where the temp sensor was. I find it odd that it's in the engine bay. Wouldn't it be inflated due to the motor being so near to it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.