Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

What exhaust for a manual 2.2 sound best?

• Magnaflow

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Flowmaster

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Cherry bomb / other high flow glass pack.

• Stock

• Other

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
all depends on the tone your looking for and how much your willing to spend, definitely recommend a catback exhaust, if your looking for just a nice sound and do not spend a ton the Tsudo N1 Catback is a great buy i recently just added it to my balt...

·
Registered
505 Posts
all depends on the tone your looking for and how much your willing to spend, definitely recommend a catback exhaust, if your looking for just a nice sound and do not spend a ton the Tsudo N1 Catback is a great buy i recently just added it to my balt...
This, but I got mine a month or 2 ago

·
Registered
304 Posts
i've heard nothing but good about the tsudo. Its an inexpensive catback that delivers good sound and good performance. The only 2 minor inconveniences are cheap stainless and it hangs a bit low in one spot.

·
Registered
229 Posts
other! i went with pacesetter, yes it's cheap but for the money it was a good buy an gives a nice deep tone due to the fact it has a glasspack muffler. if u shop around u should be able to get around $215-$230. i've had mine on for about a year now an still sounds&looks good.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I like stock lol.. but if my car was cammed and turbo'd then let it be loud..But I do hate how if I didn't have a tach I wouldn't know the car was running unless I got out lol.. All about your opinion and what you like.. but glass packs should not be on the poll!! :?

·
Say What again!
6,013 Posts
Magnaflow.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I agree wih scagnetti76 - I'm a fan of the GMPP, Borla and Corsa systems. And this is opinion - so money isn't an object here. :p But I voted stock.

Personally though, my exhaust is stock and I probably won't ever change it unless I have to. Though I DO have the 2.0L TC - but it was designed to be more of a sleeper. So she's pretty quiet. Better that way so you can hear the turbo spooling up though. XD

Honestly, I HATE magnaflow. Its annoying. When I was test driving cars before I bought mine - I drove a supercharged cobalt with a magnaflow exhaust on it and wanted to bang my head against the steering wheel it was so annoying. Just loud and obnoxious.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Personally I like the sound of the GMPP touring exhaust. Not to loud and not to quiet, I'm not a real fan of the really loud exhaust on a cobalt so its hard to find the right tone. Also I had a Flomaster 44 series on my Cavalier (same motor) and it did not sound to bad but its not a catback system just the muffler.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What I like -

What I don't like -

The deeper the sound the better.

I would like to just replace the muffler not the whole piping.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Love my MandrelExhaustSystems Borla 2.5 inch catback. Best sounding exhaust I've heard on a 4-cylinder so far IMO. It's super deap, and not too loud at all unless you punch it and it's definitely not rice.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
What magnaflow muffler would fit on the stock pipping and would give me that deep no back fire sound?

Edit: and what size is the exhaust at the muffler for the 2005 2.2?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If i were to get a universal Magnaflow muffler for my Cobalt how would I install it without the stock bracket system?

MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles

As the cutback system they sell is almost $900 - MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles

Which is way too expensive, do you think I can just buy that muffler used in the cutback system? And how much do you think the muffler along i that cat back would cost ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.