Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to have my headliner reupholstered by a local company and just thought i would get some opinons on what fabric i should use. I have three that i really like, but would like some suggestions to. sorry for crappy cell pics
1st one

2nd one

3rd one

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
plaid? ...not my cup of tea for such a large piece of the interior. maybe door panels, but not headliner. IMO

but to each his own. if I had to choose, I say #3 with the door panels done in the same. and maybe the rear deck in that dark gray color or black.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
plaid? ...not my cup of tea for such a large piece of the interior. maybe door panels, but not headliner. IMO

but to each his own. if I had to choose, I say #3 with the door panels done in the same. and maybe the rear deck in that dark gray color or black.
I really like plaid for some reason. dont really like leather or suede. Just thought it would be something different/havent seen before in a cobalt.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
if you plan it right and have it look fairly clean, it should be fine. I don't like it, but you are getting it professionally done so it wont look bad. just make it tasteful and make sure it matches and looks right. post some interior pics of your car as of now.

personally I hate vinyl. I would do a black suede, but it's your car man. lol

maybe a checker board. that'd be fun with some 12" squares...sooo tacky, but fun. lol

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
after looking at your garage, I definitely say #3 as long as the gray doesn't conflict with the gray in your car too bad.

the gray should mostly balance out with the touch of black.

#2 would be ok if you plan on adding red accents elsewhere, #1 looks ok, just too plaid-dy to me. lol

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if you plan it right and have it look fairly clean, it should be fine. I don't like it, but you are getting it professionally done so it wont look bad. just make it tasteful and make sure it matches and looks right. post some interior pics of your car as of now.

personally I hate vinyl. I would do a black suede, but it's your car man. lol

maybe a checker board. that'd be fun with some 12" squares...sooo tacky, but fun. lol
yeah i actually thought about doing some sort of checker pattern...but no fabric store around here carries anything like that

·
Registered
455 Posts
the first one definitely

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I'm liking number 1. Honestly I don't have enough balls to do this haha. But it could turn out to be a good idea. Very unique. When will this installation occur and are you doing just the headliner?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
fabric is not usually too expensive. I suggest buy more than you think you could possibly use. because in my experience 9 times out of 10 if you do need/want more, when you go back they wont carry or have it anymore. I say go for 3 yards or more if you decide to do more than just the headliner in it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm liking number 1. Honestly I don't have enough balls to do this haha. But it could turn out to be a good idea. Very unique. When will this installation occur and are you doing just the headliner?
Lol...Hopefully i will get it installed next pay period and i will probably just do the headliner for now and then ill do the door.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
FOr the color of your car #1, but what the hell just throw up a mexican blanket go for a classic look lol.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.