Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 967 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 2005 cobalt LS I have gotten up to 41.2 mpg driving at exactly 60 mph! I have been pleasantly surprised by how good it is on gas....:)

·
Registered
318 Posts
30-32 overall with mixed driving and an automatic transmission. I reset the DIC at highway speed once and got 40, but as soon as I got to town (and traffic lights) it dropped back to the low 30's.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
YouTube - chevy cobalt 46 mpg
46 mpg at 55 mph.
usually get about 28-30 driving around town. and i live on long island, so its a street light every 100 feet and a million cars on the road during the quiet part of the day =\.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
41 on highway about about 60...flat road. but i put a kn high flow air filter if that means anything. thats also with the weight of my fat ass and my system in the back which prolly weighs bout as much as a dead 8 year old

·
Registered
319 Posts
2.2l LS averages 42-45 and city gets around 35-38

·
Registered
12 Posts
I didn't measure the MPG at refuels, but the computer says "7 liters per 100 km" when I'm doing 110-115 KM/H on Hwy 401.

Translation from Canadian English:

"... the computer says "34 MPG" when I'm doing 68.3 to 71.4 MPH on the Interstate". :)

This is on a 2008 Sport 2.4 L with a K&N air intake, GE Performance exhaust, and a vortech cyclone ring in the air intake.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I get 24-26 city, depending if it warms up or not, and mixed city very little highway im at 28-29, I consistiently get 40-42 on the highway at 65-70

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
???...You do know there are more throttle positions then closed and wide open don't you...LoL?!?!?!?

My Cobalt is averaging 26-27, mixed driving (mostly around town). I'm happy with it.
uhh?? I don't drive like an ******* I do the speed limit... 100% city lots of lights, traffic, and stop signs

vortech cyclone ring in the air intake.
scam

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've owned my 09 Sedan Lt auto for about less than a month and I've gone through 3 full tanks of gas. My average mileage 21, 18, and 22. This was according to my computer and verified by the good old fashion division (I was impress by the accuracy of the computer.) I live in Hawaii and my commute consist of mostly city driving, and most of my highway trips are up and down a mountain. My average speed has not been reset since I got the car and presently reads 16 mph.

These numbers really made me wish I searched more dealerships around the state for the 5-speed I really wanted, considering the 2002 Neon 5-speed this car replace was averaging around 28mpg under the same conditions. But I've been able to justify my auto by knowing that I would not be able to have my factory remote start with out it.

I'm curious to see the average speed if available to accompany some of your guy's numbers. It may help to put things into perspective.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey all,

I recently bought a red '08, 5 speed, 2dr coupe with 6K on it. Love it so far! I've run 4 tanks of gas through it so far. I shift up quickly, when possible, and drive pretty easy. I reset the avg mpg at each fill up and the trip mileage. Running down the road the instant mpg is interesting and varies to very high (99) to very low (13). Like I said it's interesting, but not very useful. There is a lot of difference between coasting onto an exit ramp or going up a steep long hill in terms of gas consumption. What matters to me is the average mpg. At the last fill up the dashboard computer said my average over 279 miles was 36.8 and my "divide the miles by gas bought" old style calculator method I came up with 37.5. I'm calling it 35-36 mpg. I really like the site.

1 - 20 of 967 Posts