Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

what hood would u get?

3K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  FearlessZero 
#1 ·
i am plaing on getting a hood. found this site.... tell me what u think out look better on my car. and do u think this is a good deal

Hoods

#3 ·
thats what im thinkn 2.... there is a phone # i can always call to get more info on the hoods weight

#8 ·
I wanna go for both lol. But then I no some of the hoods have the vents on em and I had a friend that had probs wth the vents on the cb hoods leaking water.

#9 ·
Carbon Fiber:noworry: , meh

#14 ·
for the cleanest look... keep it stock. I'm not that big of a fan of carbon fiber anymore. It fades and looks like crap and it cracks so easy and it just doesnt hold up that great. Its a wasit of $500.00+ that can be used for other performance parts. Thats just my .02
This. ^
Save that money to make your car faster, not make the hood look better. IMO

#15 ·
OEM looks sweet

#16 ·
I think rk sport doesn't make the extractorhood anymore in cf. Listen op, if ur into appearence than go for an cf hood if notgo performance. I'm into performance as you can see with the threads I make. I really don't care what anyone says. I always make my own decisions on what I want. I suggest you do the same. I gt many compliments on my car and I turn alot of head on the local streets, highways and parking lots. That's what I want. I'm a little into performance but I would rather spend 400-500 on a appearence mod than a performance mod. It's all about what u like.

#23 ·
I would say OEM style...othewise RK Sport has nice hoods...I really would like to do a G5 hood from RK Sport myself...would also get the RK Sport G5 front fascia, but that's me...don't copy my idea.

I think a color-matched CF hood and trunk lid are the way I'd like to go.

#25 ·
I purchased mine off of ebay as a defective model and got it for a very good price. All that is wrong with it is the cf didnt get wrapped all the way to the edge on the top passenger side and there are some area that the weave got a little loose. I can live with the flaws for the great price I got.

#27 ·
I love the first hood.

#28 ·
#2, keep it simple and clean, or the RK Sports hood, if they still make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.