Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is the "normal" idle for a 5-speed LS model?
With the AC off, when i take it out of gear into neutral it idles anywhere between 1000-1300rpm. But when i stop, it drops it down to 800 rpm and keeps it rock steady. No higher, no lower.

But when the AC is on, when i take it out of gear into neutral, it idles down straight to 800rpm no problem.

It started doing this when my purge valve shorted out, and is still doing this well after i got it replaced.

Only had it for a few months now and just a little curious.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. Lol
Just wasn't to sure since about it so i thought i'd ask.
Just got done replacing the wheel bearing on the passenger side. SO much quieter now :bigsmile:

·
Registered
311 Posts
What is the "normal" idle for a 5-speed LS model?
With the AC off, when i take it out of gear into neutral it idles anywhere between 1000-1300rpm. But when i stop, it drops it down to 800 rpm and keeps it rock steady. No higher, no lower.

But when the AC is on, when i take it out of gear into neutral, it idles down straight to 800rpm no problem.

It started doing this when my purge valve shorted out, and is still doing this well after i got it replaced.

Only had it for a few months now and just a little curious.
I'm pretty sure with the AC on or off, whether I'm rolling or at a stop the idle RPM's are the same, around 8k. I'll verify and let you know though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.