Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Not a dumb question at all..

Well SIA stands for secondary air injection. Basically its a little air pump that sucks air from your intake filter and injects it into your exhaust system. The point of this is to cool the exhaust temperatures and make the cat more efficient, producing lower emissions.

You could get the RS header but you would have a CEL. However you can get a tune from trifecta and have the SAI deleted from the computor completely like it wasn't ever even there.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a dumb question at all..

Well SIA stands for secondary air injection. Basically its a little air pump that sucks air from your intake filter and injects it into your exhaust system. The point of this is to cool the exhaust temperatures and make the cat more efficient, producing lower emissions.

You could get the RS header but you would have a CEL. However you can get a tune from trifecta and have the SAI deleted from the computor completely like it wasn't ever even there.
Thanks anyway of knowing if i have one or not?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Use the search tool next time there was just another posting on what SAI was like 2 weeks ago , and you might feel better gains if you get the intake first.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Use the search tool next time there was just another posting on what SAI was like 2 weeks ago , and you might feel better gains if you get the intake first.
Sorry about that i tried the search tool nothing came up i guess i was typing wrong thing or something but none the less thanks for the info

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
if you have SAI you pretty much have to get the KN intake or trifecta tune it out of the computer is what i hear. as far as headers go, i dont have a clue.

·
Registered
114 Posts
the only thing i have heard about using a cai with sai is that you can either installing a normal cai and then put a filter over the sai (some have had luck with this) or you can get it flashed and turned off. if the sai isnt hooked up to anything you just going to get a cel. and i havent found any headers that work with sai, someone else on here might be able to help in that area

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
well say he did flash it out, then he could do headers and a different intake right? but that would kind of blow to pay $250 plus $200 deposit just to flash out the SAI. wouldnt be worth it unless you just threw on a lot of upgrades at once THEN did the trifecta

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
oh well im just getting the kn sri. so ill be okay with the sai?
yep. but they are on backorder. can use the one for the 2.4 also.
well say he did flash it out, then he could do headers and a different intake right? but that would kind of blow to pay $250 plus $200 deposit just to flash out the SAI. wouldnt be worth it unless you just threw on a lot of upgrades at once THEN did the trifecta
thats what i would do. header and tune last.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
yeah the 2.4 will fit. its the same exact thing as the 2.2 but im told our intake manifold is a little offset and the 2.4 is straight down so its not going to be quite as far over. it'll give you the same exact results as the 2.2. and by back order they mean that they pretty much dont exist right now from KN directly. cuz they had a fire and lost that mold

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.