Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently got a 2010 Chevy Aveo as a second car, tonight my partner was driving home and noticed a light near the instrument dash. Its on the bottom of the plastic area below the speedometer. It basically looks like a small T with two o's above it...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205383199685999&set=a.1299247807827.2045001.1429356872&type=1

I hope that works as I also posted it on FB.

The light went off by itself and when I looked at it I couldn't get the light to come on. Anyone know what this might be?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well after playing with the button a bit more, I found if I press and hold it, an orange light comes on and it calls Merchant Funding... we can hear it ring and then a recording come on saying press one to make a payment. I think it may be part of the dealerships lowjack system? I will see if I can find somewhere else to host the picture so it can be viewed

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Lets try this...

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

One more time...

imgur: the simple image sharer

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Looks like GPS tracking device to me. Did you buy the car from a used car lot financed through them?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes we are, that is what we were figuring out it would be... It was just kinda odd that it lit up last night when we were driving and the only other way we could get it to light up was to press and hold it. Thank you all for the help in trying to figure what this button is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.