Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Im sorry g but these threads are getting a little rediculous lol. Not trying to be mean or anything, but tire pressure?

Oh btw I got some info for ur paint problem

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
I have to disagree. Tire pressure is a touchy subject for a lot of folks. Some use higher pressure (I run around 40) and some swear that anything above 30 will cause excessive tire wear.

I run 40 in my stock Goodyear Integrity LRRs.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
about 32 is perfect usually..
I think it has to do a lot with what the individual is going for, I mean higher psi for mpg (40-45), and "normal" (30-35) for traction and ride quality.

I will usually let some out of mine on the rare occasion we have snow or ice. I typically lower them down to about 28.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Ok let me reword that.. For optimal tire wear, ride quality and handling, 32 is usually about right. However some tires do vary on optimal pressures. Not a ton, but they do. When a tire is over inflated it will balloon out and wear more in the center of the tread. When a tire is under inflated, It will wear more on the outside edges.

You can achieve better MPG's by overinflating the tires, But optimal tire wear, ride quality and handling are sacrificed..

·
Registered
381 Posts
31psi or so cold for daily driving, factory 225/40R18. At GM's recommended 33psi I find the ContiSportContact 2s wear too much down the center.

For spirited driving (i.e. Auto-X, back roads) I inflate them to 40psi cold and remove air as needed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.