Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm central PA and went car shopping saturday. I knew what I wanted, a cobalt coupe with manual trans or a pontiac G5. I knew what i could afford, but I wanted to obviously spend less.

I went to about 6 different places. I was looking at vehicles in the 70-90k mileage range and finding one that I wanted was difficult. I stopped in at a dealership that as far as I knew only had a black and silver sedan each with around 80k miles. I am talking to the guy, truthfully will say this, absolutely zero sleeziness about him. I didn't feel like he was trying to push the car on me, which as a former career in retail management I really respect.

They were actually selling one of the sedans, a coupe that I didn't know about and he asked me, would I like a coupe? Of course I preferred one and said yes. I had seen the orange one with dolphin jizz decals on it with 55,000 miles on it but between the sticker, the auto tranny, and the sticker price of 10,900 I chalked it in the category of "no."

Considering the dislikes, which I had pointed out to him repeatedly, he asked me what I was looking to spend. I told him 8500 out the door, tax tags, all that included.

He says, "that would be one hell of a deal on this car!" But I figured its my first day of shopping so w/e. We talk some more, mainly about the things I didnt like. I test drive it. It is truly cherry. Not one weird noise/vibration, anything. Cleanest used car I have ever seen, hell there was only one tiny paint chip anywhere on the vehicle!

I open the glove box and low and behold, all of the previous owners information is in there. Turns out to be a girl who's family I know. They also had service records and literally every 3000 miles it was taken to midas for an oil change and tire rotation. (there was a lot of paperwork in there)

I came back to the dealer and he tells me that they can make the 8500 work. I am immediately thinking, shit! I didn't expect him to say that. I heem haw around about the stick and he says something about a gift certificate for 100 bucks to a body shop to go towards removing it.

I've been going too long with this so ff to the end.

I fibbed about my interest rate and they beat my already approved interest rate buy about .8% And they took $100 off the car so I paid 8400 out the door.

TL/DR- 2006 cobalt with clean history and 55,000 miles for 8400.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Not bad. When I bought my Cobalt is was a 2009 SS/TC, Victory Red, and I picked it up for $24k with 97 miles on it lol. We aren't going to talk about the interest and payments on that tho lol

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I'm an azzhole.

I enjoy annoying the **** out of everyone until I get what I want.

Playing the dealership game is easy...you just have to not care to waste an entire day with them.

They had my car listed for like $15...I left with gap insurance and all the warranties for $11,2xx and some change.

Bought it last April...it's the 2010 2LT in my sig...had 33k on it.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I got screwed. But it's paid off and it's as fast as a NA can be. I chaulk it up to a lesson learned to not buy Chrysler!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Bought mine brand new with cash for clunkers. 09 xfe $11000 out the door with 0% financing. Couldn't beat that, had everything I wanted; stick, coupe, and red.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Before I wrecked my previous car I had been car shopping. I had found a red 09 ss/tc down in laurel maryland with 30,000 miles listed for like 13k. I immediately suspected something wrong but through the phone and email the guy confirmed that it was clean. Then showed me the car fax and it had been in a "functional accident." According to carfux that means it was driveable off the scene.

I talked to the guy on thursday and arranged to go down saturday. I woke up early for the 4 hour drive and after three hours of driving my phone chimes with an email from him saying it was sold this morning.

Man was I pissed.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Bought my 2006 SS/NA used in Nov. 2007. with 24,582 Miles. Out the door TTL included for 10,300 with a $4,300 trade in on a 95 Silverado 4x4. they were asking 16K for the car when i got there.

we haggled, and i at one point got up and walked out till he chased me down. i personally had been watching the car and knew it had been on the lot for over 2 months

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Paid $5750 for my 07 LS on the road with 23475 Kms(14600 miles). 18 months ago. Didn't bother with financing for such a small amount. It now has 80000Kms (50000 miles) Still runs like a charm. Got to love an econobox.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I paid with TTL, $7500, last November for my 2009 5 speed coupe with 25,000 miles and clean car fax. I did have a $2000 trade in value also.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Paid $2000 a year ago for mine with 60k miles on it. It now has 86k miles on it and works good.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Dealer wanted $27k for my at the time SS. I already had a cobalt with work done but it was an LS, well more or less an LT with the power options I had done and what not. I had the LS only a year so negative equity was present. Managed to get them down to 24 and drove the SS home(had stage II and some other upgrades)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I paid $10,250 for my 09 XFE with 42k miles. I had $2k down and saw it was a decent car, now im happy to drive it :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Paid $2000 a year ago for mine with 60k miles on it. It now has 86k miles on it and works good.
Wow that's a killer deal

I got my 06 in june 07 for $6500 with 19kmiles on it. It now has about 214k and I've had no mechanical problems at all hardly

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.