Votes: 14 20.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
93 i think... w/e premium is... and yes, blah blah blah about it being a waste or w/e... my car is just happier w/ the 93... lol... maybe its in my head, maybe not, oh well... haha :)

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
93 i think... w/e premium is... and yes, blah blah blah about it being a waste or w/e... my car is just happier w/ the 93... lol... maybe its in my head, maybe not, oh well... haha :)
same with me and 91 :bigsmile:
but for a couple of bucks a fill up, im cool with just in my head.

·
Registered
474 Posts
usually 87 but depending on gas prices I'll run 93 occasionally, I heard from someone at the chevy dealership though that it's not good to run 93 in our cars, but the car feels more energetic with 93

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
MY car requires 93 to run properly and at its optimum level, if I have a car that does not need a required higher octane, than I run 87. Most of the time, the whole my car runs better on blah blah is in your head. I know, I used to insist on putting premium in my old z24. I thought it was good for it and heck, for 1.09 a gallon why not but after awhile the car just ran rougher and rougher, I finally put 89 and than 87 and the car ran better, probably cause the motor had to "try harder" to burn the high octane. Really though, whatever, its not my money, so put what you think your car needs in the tank and happy motoring :)

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Higher octane just prevents pre-detonation because of very high temps.. use what the manual says.. or your stage kit lol.

the ss/sc will run on 91 fine 93 not required
you do that buddy, im sticking with 93... two extra bucks at the pump now>paying for repairs later.. will mpg knows what i mean...

·
Registered
185 Posts
91 or 93.... last time I ran on 87 it felt like she wasn't running as good.... like they said 3 bucks isn't gonna kill me.... its just 1 less red bull

·
Registered
185 Posts
If u have turbo or a sc I think u should, if ur stock and the manual says to use 89 the id just stick wth 89 and go to walmaert get some stp gas additive and start using em.... I use em every tank bc the mechanics I no swear up and down that it keeps ur fuel system cleaner

·
Registered
720 Posts

you guys do realize the difference in price from 87 and 91 in a full tank fill is like 3 bucks! lol cheap ass
Now multiply that times how many tanks in a year and over the life of the car. I'm going to be able to get a few more parts for my car. Especially when I'm filling up on a weekly basis. That's $150 a year that can go towards finishing my suspension or doing whatever...I cut corners whenever I can...there is no need and it does no good to use anything more than 87...it's been proven at least 1 or 2 times on other forums.

Until I am tuned and have a reason to run higher octane, I will not. And of course I understand using higher octane in a SC or TC application, but other than a car requiring it (be it from factory or because of a tune), there is NO point.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Now multiply that times how many tanks in a year and over the life of the car. I'm going to be able to get a few more parts for my car. Especially when I'm filling up on a weekly basis. That's $150 a year that can go towards finishing my suspension or doing whatever...I cut corners whenever I can...there is no need and it does no good to use anything more than 87...it's been proven at least 1 or 2 times on other forums.

Until I am tuned and have a reason to run higher octane, I will not. And of course I understand using higher octane in a SC or TC application, but other than a car requiring it (be it from factory or because of a tune), there is NO point.
This.. I have seen identical threads like this time and time again.. the one time i did try premium, I noticed the car was running hotter.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.