Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter just picked up an 2008 cobalt LT with 10,000 miles on it. I was surprised to find it didn't have the TPMS on it or even anti lock brakes.

Is there any way to find out what options the car actually came with?

Is there a build sheet someone in the car I can get at?

Talked to GM and they say there is a charge for them researching it, never said what the charge was though?

Can a dealer get me that info for free?

Thanks

·
Registered
143 Posts
My daughter just picked up an 2008 cobalt LT with 10,000 miles on it. I was surprised to find it didn't have the TPMS on it or even anti lock brakes.

Is there any way to find out what options the car actually came with?

Is there a build sheet someone in the car I can get at?

Talked to GM and they say there is a charge for them researching it, never said what the charge was though?

Can a dealer get me that info for free?

Thanks
First things Welcome! Yeah, man her name is Sarah and she will hook you up she goes by the name ChevyCusSvs...If you want look her up and PM her the VIN on the car and she will send you the build sheet in a PM.. No need to pay for anything, you may just have to wait till Monday for a response. Anyway, any manufacturing questions she can help you out with.. As far ABS i am pretty sure all 08's came with it! Just might be drums in the back. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Welcome.

I have an 08 LT as well. When you say no TPMS, do you mean the car is not reading any tire pressure or there's no mention of it when you scroll through the DIC? Your sensors could be missing for any number of reasons. The wheels may have been replaced by a cheapskate.

As far as the ABS, I feel your pain. I don't have it either.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
The RPO list is in the trunk under the mat to the left of spare tire.RPO (Regular Production Options)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it is an LT, it has the better stereo, power windows and locks, remote start from the factory with the remote door locks and trunk.

No tpms? Mine is an 08 lt and has it. Pretty sure they have anti lock as well. Sure it's not an ls?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

Ok thanks for the reply, if I need to I will PM her, looks like it should be in the car though and easy to find.

First things Welcome! Yeah, man her name is Sarah and she will hook you up she goes by the name ChevyCusSvs...If you want look her up and PM her the VIN on the car and she will send you the build sheet in a PM.. No need to pay for anything, you may just have to wait till Monday for a response. Anyway, any manufacturing questions she can help you out with.. As far ABS i am pretty sure all 08's came with it! Just might be drums in the back. Hope this helps.
---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

It shows nothing on the DIC, car is low mileage, 3 or 4 months ago it had 10,000KM on it, now has 17,000KM or about 10,000 MILES. I imagine it still has the original tires, hubcaps and wheels look like what I have seen on others.

Welcome.

I have an 08 LT as well. When you say no TPMS, do you mean the car is not reading any tire pressure or there's no mention of it when you scroll through the DIC? Your sensors could be missing for any number of reasons. The wheels may have been replaced by a cheapskate.

As far as the ABS, I feel your pain. I don't have it either.
---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Thanks for the reply, I will check it out tomorrow.

The RPO list is in the trunk under the mat to the left of spare tire.RPO (Regular Production Options)

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
You might be able to look up your features based on your VIN. Sarah might throw some help your way. Just PM her.

Also, I don't think TPMS is mandatory in Canada, so you might not have that option. If not, IMO, consider yourself lucky. I hated having to buy a second set of sensors for my winter wheels (and I hate that I'll probably have to do it again before the car is gone).

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Well I just looked for it and its not there.

It should be there what year is your car?

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Maybe you don't know what to look for, this is what the sticker looks like.

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
Jabba,
Send me the last 8 digits of your VIN either via email (see my signature) or private message on the forum. I'm happy to help you out!
Sarah, GM Customer Service

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
If that's truly the case, you should own GM. Unless there is a loop hole I don't know about. Which there probably is. lol. This is America after all.:laugh: That's just what I was taught by 52 years experience from two people. VIN(10th letter) will tell all.
edit= don't post it here.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Yeah that's kinda what I was getting at. Not sure if owning GM is a good thing anyway, :laugh: But if you wanted to get an actual mfg. date on the car Sarah would be a good resourse. Sorry stratos, I didn't mean to talk down to you or anything. Just used to less than year old Cobalt owners needing more explanation to their questions. No offense to them either, but tend to be young and less experienced.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.