Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a silver moss metallic coupe cobalt and was wandering what rims I should get. I was thinking black matches anything but open to suggestions. Let me know what you guys think. Links too please! Thanks!

·
Registered
547 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Those look good. With getting new rims would i have to get new tires too? Right now I have the stock tires and not sure if I want low-profiles or not yet.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
IMO chrome looks really nice with silver.

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

wait, you have silver moss? is that the greenish color?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Thanks! Those look good. With getting new rims would i have to get new tires too? Right now I have the stock tires and not sure if I want low-profiles or not yet.
It doesn't look like anyone answered this question, but go with low profile tires the rims will look so much better. I went with stock tires before a long time ago with rims and I hated the way it looked with the stock tires, but when I finally got low profiles it made the rims look so much better. Its your ride so do what you want, IMO go with low profiles.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
you don't want to change your overall diameter of your tire!! if you get the same size wheels that you have on the car now. use the stock tires. if you get a larger size rim, get a tire that matches the diameter of the stock tires. it is called "plus sizing" bigger wheel = lower tire. you can use tirerack.com to match and compare tire sizes and stuff.

The reason you don't want to change your tire diameter is because your speedometer will be incorrect if you don't keep the same diameter as the stock tires.

for example, My car had 195/65/15 tires from the factory. those are a 25" diameter tire

so when I got my new 18" rims. I went with 225/40/18 tires because those are also a 25" diameter tire and now my speedometer is exactly correct.

if you get a tire that is a low profile and a smaller diameter than factory the wheels spin faster causing the needle to read higher than what you are actually going. and vise versa.

hopefully that helps you in your decision making

·
Registered
13 Posts
18's

I think Silver on Chrome looks nice thats what I have but I want black now so if you want pics let me know and ill sell you Mine they are 18 inches and 4X100 or 4X113 universal I can't remember

·
Registered
67 Posts
I installed lightweight wheels and the car's fuel economy improved. I figure that the Konig Feather wheels at 12.6 pounds are five pounds lighter than stock steel wheels. Konig also has a model called Helium that is at least a pound lighter yet. I am using the same stock Continental ContiContact tires in 15 inch because they have low rolling resistance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm still looking around but the companies that offer the chromium black rims i really like but i heard there is problems with low profiles like blow-outs and what not...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.