Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has the optional 16 inch aluminum wheels with 5 lugs, and I would like to grab a set of steel wheels off of a wrecked car to throw some Blizzaks on for winter use. Will a set of steelies off of a Cavalier or Malibu or something like that fit my car? The only Cobalt steelies I find are four lug.

·
Registered
178 Posts
if your car has 5 studs... and the rims have four... then no you cannot fit a square peg in a round hole... now if they are 5 lug then yes considering the offset is similar... i would find out a little more about the rims and ask someone who knows a little more.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clarification

Thanks for the reply. I guess I should be a little more clear. My car does have 5 lugs, so I am aware that the steel 4 lug wheels will not fit. I was wondering if anyone on the site has found a commonly available steel wheel with the correct offset and 5 lug bolt pattern that does fit.

·
Registered
92 Posts
^^^im sure they are...on the ciaz.net forums (cobalt and ion of az) two guys swapped wheels...on had a cobalt ss and the other a hhr ss...

·
Registered
193 Posts
in a wheel fitment guide i have it says the cobalt with 5 lugs has a 5x110 bolt pattern.with a 35-42 backspaceing. the 2004-2006 malibu shares the same bolt pattern and backspaceing i hope this helps you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
in a wheel fitment guide i have it says the cobalt with 5 lugs has a 5x110 bolt pattern.with a 35-42 backspaceing. the 2004-2006 malibu shares the same bolt pattern and backspaceing i hope this helps you
Thanks, after a little measuring, I found a set from a Saab.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.