Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
A lighter foot, there's some stuff you can get the dealer to put in they say guarantee better mileage. Not sure how much it costs though

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
ppl will tell you buy an exhaust and buy a cold air intake and blah blah. I got 56mpg with stock intake and exhaust and the closest i've gotten since i did my catback and gmpp intake is 53mpg. Same journey too, so I should have seen better.

A tune might help aswell as proper maintenance. Also you should tell us a bit more about your car (engine, sedan or coupe, transmission, etc.)

I live in Canada and I get 35-38 mpg all city and 44-53mpg highway depending on how fast I want to get home or if I'm bored. According to my dic doing anything above 110km/h results in burning as much fuel as in the city so like Rriggs92 said, staying off the fuel is a major part.

Sry if I jumped around alot, not fully awake yet

·
Registered
675 Posts
yeah a lot of your gas mileage is gonna come from how you drive. It doesnt matter what you do, if you have a lead foot your mileage will probably suck. so just take it easy and be smooth (im sure youve heard that a thousand times :p)

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I live in Canada and I get 35-38 mpg all city and 44-53mpg highway depending on how fast I want to get home or if I'm bored. According to my dic doing anything above 110km/h results in burning as much fuel as in the city so like Rriggs92 said, staying off the fuel is a major part.
Are you sure this is mpg and not kmpl or what ever crazy thing you Canadians use?! ( I guess sane since we are the only ones using miles and gallons!!) I had my balt almost fully bolted and got my best millage at 46mpg doing 60 for 40 miles.

OP- the prior info is correct. Standard maintinance, clean filters, and a light foot is your best bet.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I do km divided by 1.6 to get miles then do my liters divided by 4.5 to get a Canadian gallon amount. Then I divide miles by gallons and wa-la

Sent from my HTC Desire using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Ok, cuz US and Canadian gallons are different. 1 Ca. gallon= 1.2 US gallons

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Yessir. Normally I post Canadian gallons beside but forgot to

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
So, after converting your best MPG was roughly 44 US mpg, 2 mpg off what I had with the mods.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Seems Legit. I only average 47mpg though because I get bored doing 90km/h

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Still better than me on average. Before I started racing it was typically 35 mpg US (42 mpg Ca.) I haven't changed my DIC since my first race in June (and it became only used to race; brought to work maybe two days a month starting July) and I still show 27.9 mpg US (33.48 mpg Ca.) Not too shabby since some of the Hondas I race with can run out of fuel before the end of the event!!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Anyone know if LRR tires actually make a difference or if its like $15.00 in savings over the life of the tire?

·
Registered
423 Posts
wait.... does this mean i have a horribly heavy foot if i average 20-25mpg city and 30-35mpg highway? my balt is auto but should that make that much of a difference?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.