Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Bamble Ramble!!!!
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been looking around at various sites to decide on what size rims to but on the ninja, but most of the ones I like only come in 19' or 20'. Now I know alot of balt owners have 18' on their balts that I have seen on here, but would one of the other sizes; 1 look good on it and 2 would they fit? Some of the compaines I have looked at are; Asanti, enkei, konig I like alot of their styles and asanti has lot of options to personalise the rims themselves. So what are you opinions?

·
Registered
992 Posts
I like 19's, I dont think you should go any bigger than that, and drool at the asanti rims that you can make yourself, I made some sexy as hell ones

·
Bamble Ramble!!!!
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know, I like how I can add in the carbon fiber on the lip and make it a little deeper than some of the other companies offer

·
Registered
992 Posts
haha yeah thats funny, the one I made definately had the carbon fibre lip with the white asanti logo...i think they'd be pretty pricey though

·
Registered
485 Posts
I made a sweet hot pink rim

·
Bamble Ramble!!!!
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the ones I had made before tax and shipping were 2285, but they were sick let me tell you. Carbon fiber lip, machined asanti logo, the main part was black with yellow accents.

·
Registered
992 Posts
the ones I had made before tax and shipping were 2285, but they were sick let me tell you. Carbon fiber lip, machined asanti logo, the main part was black with yellow accents.
thats pretty sick, how do you get it priced out...id like to check because if im gunna spend $1500 on rims i may aswell spend $2600 on rims

·
Bamble Ramble!!!!
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats pretty sick, how do you get it priced out...id like to check because if im gunna spend $1500 on rims i may aswell spend $2600 on rims
I think I went to checkout, I can't really rememeber b/c I was slightly intoxicated lol

·
Bamble Ramble!!!!
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
680 Posts
I only have 17's on my ride...kinda wish I had went with the 18's personally
I guess it just depends on the rim lol

Good luck

·
Registered
869 Posts
Besides, you don't want to pay for off size tires with the 19's. Even numbers are much cheaper.

·
Registered
381 Posts
PLEASE don't go with 19s or 20s. For one, they look stupid on a Cobalt. These aren't Ferraris, Porsches, or Vettes - we can't pull it off.

The other reason is cost and performance-related. 19" and bigger is getting into a specialty size, which means finding good rubber is more difficult. You'll also have to run a rubber-band sidewall, ruining your ride and risking bending a wheel.

Finally, in 18" you can find something reasonably lightweight for a decent price... No chance in a 19"+. Unsprung weight is one of the most important factors on your car. As the saying goes, every 10lb of unsprung weight is worth 100lb elsewhere in the car. Adding 20lb of unsprung weight, you'll feel a significant performance hit - all while looking dumb.

Just my opinion.

·
Bamble Ramble!!!!
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
PLEASE don't go with 19s or 20s. For one, they look stupid on a Cobalt. These aren't Ferraris, Porsches, or Vettes - we can't pull it off.

The other reason is cost and performance-related. 19" and bigger is getting into a specialty size, which means finding good rubber is more difficult. You'll also have to run a rubber-band sidewall, ruining your ride and risking bending a wheel.

Finally, in 18" you can find something reasonably lightweight for a decent price... No chance in a 19"+. Unsprung weight is one of the most important factors on your car. As the saying goes, every 10lb of unsprung weight is worth 100lb elsewhere in the car. Adding 20lb of unsprung weight, you'll feel a significant performance hit - all while looking dumb.

Just my opinion.
thats good info, no worries bout it. I wanted an honest opinion and you laid it out like a pancake breakfast for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.