Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm in the process of getting an AIT Zen body kit and I wanted to lower aswell. I'm running 18's right now and I was wondering around what height do you guys think I should go and what springs to go for? I don't want to be too low.

·
Registered
872 Posts
SSCs from ZZPerformance - they're 170, provide a good drop, and are designed for track performance, not just looks. pic in my sig is my car when i had them. they lower plenty, while still leaving you room to drive ur car daily, and i have 18s also btw.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
SSCs from ZZPerformance - they're 170, provide a good drop, and are designed for track performance, not just looks. pic in my sig is my car when i had them. they lower plenty, while still leaving you room to drive ur car daily, and i have 18s also btw.
How about in snow.

Do they handle better than the SS/TC springs?

·
Registered
872 Posts
i didnt have any issues this winter in snow, and i even switched over to B&Gs halfway through the winter.

idk how to compare cuz i havent driven an ss/tc, but i kno it COMPLETELY changed my handling. they handle like ur on rails, no issues at all taht i noticed. like i said they're by Superior Sport Chassis, they're not designed just for lowering. they're designed as track springs, and i definitely think they hold up to that.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Hmm...if the handling is similar or slightly worse than the SS/TCs...might be worth the compromise to drop the car more and lose a tiny bit of handling...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.