Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on some 17' MSR rims and now my wheels gap is even bigger. I was to lower my 08 LT by about 2 inches without sacrificing ride performance. what would be the best springs, struts and shocks to buy. Also, if i need anything else or dont need something please tell me.

THANK YOU!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sportlines X2. Haven't done shocks and struts yet but I'm thinkin koni. Is your entire wheel and tire set up larger than it was with the old wheels and tires? Because thatll make you sit higher.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, my car definitely sits up higher. So im down with the eibach's but what about struts, shocks, sway bar, ect?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
sportlines definately seem to be the most common. I personally wanna get tenzo's...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to most likely get the sportslines, not the coilovers, (too expensive). but what about shock and struts? also is a sway bar worth getting?

·
Registered
276 Posts
my first ? is going to be what size tire are you wrapped in... then SSI SPRINGS! lol i iz still only 1 widdum!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I'm on 17's with 40 tires on my 08 LT. I've been searching around and found YLW_ Revolution's SSI for like $100, but they seem kinda sketchy to me. Also i've seen A LOT of people say Eibach or B&G. With my tires and wheel size what would be the best springs to get to get ride of my hideous 4x4 gap? I'm going to keep my stock shocks and struts, so i don't want to worry about blowing them out aswell.

Sorry, I meant 17' with 45 tires :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.