Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Cornier Than Ethanol
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, right now I am in the market for lowering options. I've been on 20s for two years, and still love my wheels. But, I don't like the gap at all. I was thinking of doing lowering springs (found a good deal) and a new set of struts (also a good deal). But then, thanks to some advice, I found a kick ass deal on a coilover kit. I'm worried as all hell about rubbing though, and am also planning on getting a lip kit or some kind of other bodykit, so I don't want to sit too low all the time. I know the coilovers are fully adjustable and that the struts should be, but still, I want to go with the safest and most efficient option right off the bat.

Any advice??? And don't say "take the 20s off" cause it aint happening. lawlz

·
Registered
600 Posts
Coilovers and fender roller.

·
Cornier Than Ethanol
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm. I'm only looking at about $100 or less difference, picking the coilovers over the springs/struts anyways.

Although, I've never rolled fenders before. I didn't even think about that.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Oh wow, yeah, go for coilovers and fender rolling. It'll look good :)

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
take the 20s off. but since you wont do that, definately roll the fenders. a lot of import guys do it and it looks really good if done properly

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Ahh, well, I'll just get the drop installed, and go from there. Thanks.
Yep def go for the coilovers! Then use the old 'baseball bat at the front of the fender and drive forward' trick lol! Man you gotta post pics after you're done I bet it's going to look real nice!

·
Cornier Than Ethanol
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't worry rubbing or not you still gonna have haters HOLLA!
Eff them hataz mayn! LOL I aint mad at them...just don't like the noise of the rubbing.

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

Yep def go for the coilovers! Then use the old 'baseball bat at the front of the fender and drive forward' trick lol! Man you gotta post pics after you're done I bet it's going to look real nice!
No doubt. Will definitely post up some pics. Thanks man!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
ya its easy to roll fenders, not neccesarily so easy to make them look clean lol. if you come accross a guy that can do em its definately a thing you should consider

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
If you call around, you may be able to find a shop with a roller that could do it

·
Cornier Than Ethanol
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah. I'll check on that after I have the coilovers, just to see how much roll they'd need.

·
Registered
114 Posts
So to lower a car all you need are coilovers? What's the difference in doing all these different suggestions (rolling whatever, strut bar, etc.)?

I'm wondering because stock cobalts sit so high, and Im looking to lower it a little.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.