Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, my car is just around the corner of hitting 100k miles.
This is only my second car Ive ever had. Ive never done any maintenance work to it besides cleaning the throttle body and cleaning the air filter on my intake.
The only thing Ive had changed was the cat converter because it was still under warranty, and that was at about 70k miles or so.
I know you are suppose to do some maintenance work when you hit the 100k mark, but what exactly?
I know there is google and such, but I wanna hear straight up from the balt owners!

seafoam? spark plugs? what?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Ok guys, my car is just around the corner of hitting 100k miles.
This is only my second car Ive ever had. Ive never done any maintenance work to it besides cleaning the throttle body and cleaning the air filter on my intake.
The only thing Ive had changed was the cat converter because it was still under warranty, and that was at about 70k miles or so.
I know you are suppose to do some maintenance work when you hit the 100k mark, but what exactly?
I know there is google and such, but I wanna hear straight up from the balt owners!

seafoam? spark plugs? what?

Thanks guys.

plugs, wires, tune up, ect. if i have more time later ill give you a full list...

·
Registered
867 Posts
Wait wait wait, its in the owners manual?? lmao
yeah it is :laugh:
correct me if im wrong but i think it gives you a step by step maintenance guide on what to do or look out for when your car hits 50k, 75k, 100k, n so fourth

seafoam? sparks? coolant n tranny flush, tires, shocks n springs other schtuff

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
867 Posts
See, I learn new things EACH day. :laugh:

ill just leave this here

ill go check that damn thing. its not everyday that i look at the manual, so i wouldnt know lol
lol its all good man, dont worry about it
most ppl just leave it in their glove box and forget about it
id recommend if your up their in miles, to start lookin at it, if not then that link up top, its pretty much whats in the owners manual

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol its all good man, dont worry about it
most ppl just leave it in their glove box and forget about it
id recommend if your up their in miles, to start lookin at it, if not then that link up top, its pretty much whats in the owners manual
Me. lol

Alright man, preciate it!

·
Registered
867 Posts
ill go check that damn thing. its not everyday that i look at the manual, so i wouldnt know lol

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

lol thank you. prime example of not searching the forum.

MOD FAAAAAAIL.
eh, mistakes happen :laugh:
lol :laugh:
would it be worse if i said its also a sticky
i kid i kid, but no really it is

·
Registered
931 Posts
Sell it.. lol As soon as the odometer hits 100k the value of the car drops dramatically.... But that only matters if you are looking to sell it at some point.

If reselling isn't either an option or you just love the car that much just do the scheduled maintenance and continue to drive the hell out of it.

I have sold every car I have owned with the mileage between 90k and 100k.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sell it.. lol As soon as the odometer hits 100k the value of the car drops dramatically.... But that only matters if you are looking to sell it at some point.

If reselling isn't either an option or you just love the car that much just do the scheduled maintenance and continue to drive the hell out of it.

I have sold every car I have owned with the mileage between 90k and 100k.
Oh yeah? I would love to upgrade...but have no money to do so...soooo, i think I might just stick with this one for now until the engine falls out. lol

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Then drive the hell out of it until it breaks. lol Just do the scheduled maintenance and you will be fine.

I just got my balt and I am far from 100k. We will see what my decision will be 80k from now. lol
If I didnt put as much work/ money into it as I did, maybe Id consider selling it...but I love my balt :) (except the auto transmission lol)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.