Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, first time posting. Have a few questions and I hope I'm asking this in the right place. If not, I apologize! I have a 08', auto, four door LS with around 90K on the clock. I'm going to be giving it to my daughter to drive within the year. I have the "dreaded" front end clunk when driving straight. If I'm cornering or turning, no clunk?? Still LCA bushings? I want to be sure this car is safe and reliable for my daughter. I have replaced passenger side bushing and replaced the entire LCA on the drivers side a few years ago. Other than routine maintenance I haven't had to do anything to this car except drive it. Besides the "clunk" issue, what other things should I give attention to? Trans fluid change, spark plugs, coolant, etc? Thanks in advance for any replies/help. :thanks

·
Say What again!
6,034 Posts
It could very well be the other side's LCA. Swaybar end links can sometimes cause a clunk as well.

If you want to change the trans fluid, that's fine, but don't flush it. Dexcool is good till 100k, so you may have some time on that (again, just drain and refill). Spark plugs are Iridium, so they're coming up on time to be changed, usually around 100k miles.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I just changed the intermediate steering shaft on my 08, you might want to check the lower U-joint at the steering rack. Mind was seized tight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.