Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I am not doing any big mods now, till I pay her off. I have an 05 base coupe. I would like some opinions on what I should upgrade after it's paid off. I think when I pay it off I will be getting an ss eventually. Now I will do a good bit of appearance upgrades but for performance should I go with suspension, or engine wise. I know I will never get it to have a whole lot of power without charging it. So I was thinking maybe go with suspension upgrades and things like that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
803 Posts
i suggest going into the suspension section and checking out the stickies at the top of the page.

plenty of good info already there

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
I have been. I was just curious to whether you would upgrade suspension or engine.

Well when it comes to upgrades, I (Personally) always go with performance/power before looks. There are 2 categories for most cars out there. 1- All show and No Go. 2. All Go and No Show.

I'm the all go and no show guy. I will ALWAYS do everything performance/power related before going anything visual. So I could be a little biased lol. However, if you're going to put a lot of visual mods into your car, I would suggest doing the suspension. You have also already stated that you're not going to be doing heavy mods because you can't get a whole lot of power out of it without charging it, so why waste the money in essence? Modding your car is your personal preference, and what you want, go with it. That's just my $.02 tho.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great point levee. I personally will not be racing, but I would like a little note power. My bank account? For a 17 year old it's not too bad.. I actually work 40 yes a week. With 8.25 an hour though, it's not too great.I'd have to save up a lot for more expensive mods

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Wheels, coilovers, SS/TC brakes...then question if you want to stay N/A or not.

It's all in the budget.

I honestly would just do looks.

Drive it through college...yada yada...then when you get done...you've got all the money saved through school and you can choose to rip into it or trade it off for something not so base.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.