Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just ordered new r1 racing drift wheels and they have the chrome lip. i didnt receive them yet but what do i use to clean the lip?
a guy i work with said you have to watch what you use because you can ruin the lip

i have a bottole of this

No Scrub Wheel Cleaner by Blackmagic - Part BM410237 - Advance Auto Parts

is that safe to use

if not than what is good stuff to use

these are my rims

but black.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah. sometimes i cleaned my msr 045's with spray but since i have new rims with a lip they have to be cared to more andi dont wanna ruin the lip
the guy i work with said he used acid or some product with acid in it and his lips are trasheeed

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright sounds good

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Simple Green has always served me well.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
I just use my meguires car wash on my wheels after I get done washing the car. Also to get a quick clean up when they are not too bad I use the cleaner spray you use on the car aswell. Just how I have always done it.
I do the same. Wash the car, then after use a clean microfiber and by bucket of soapy water, swipe down a wheel, rinse in my clean water bucket, back to the soapy bucket, next wheel. once a month i pull all the wheels off and clean the backside as well. Brake dust + water is caustic, and will permanently damage the finish, so this keeps them healthy.

Don't use a brush, as like your car itself, the paint on wheels will scratch and start to look dull.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.