Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I own a 2009 Cobalt LT without OnStar, and I'm attempting to wire up an interface for a replacement radio, but everywhere I've looked I've seen the same one recommended which does not fit the OEM harness, which I now know first hand having bought the $70 part and tried to install it. The part in question is the PAC C2R-GM11b. I did a little digging and apparently the harness was changed after 2007, though I had been told all Cobalts had the same one up through 2010. I've looked extensively and I can't seem to find any other interfaces that reference application to any models past 2007 except some with OnStar. Am I missing something? Is it possible I could use an OnStar capable interface in my car even if I don't have it, or is there a part that will fit and I've overlooked it? Is there a generic/universal alternative? (I've heard Metra makes one but that it doesn't work for Cobalts for some reason) I'm quite lost at this point, and I really don't want to waste my money/time guessing.

·
Say What again!
6,105 Posts
I was really picky when it came to which harness I used, and ended up settling on the Metra LC-GMRC-LAN-03, which is listed as fitting 2007-2010 Cobalts.

I had looked at the PAC, but since this was a year and a half ago, I can't remember why I went with the Metra over the PAC (though it is about $20 cheaper) - I think it was because the discount on the Metra harness from Crutchfield, where I ordered the head unit, made it so ridiculously cheap, it just made sense to get that one.

But it definitely worked great on mine. The chimes are a bit annoying/cheap, but whatever - it's really difficult to retain the chimes/turn signals working through the speaker like factory with all your speakers separately amplified.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts