Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

well i got my 2008 cobalt LT about September and since then ive been doing little fixes and stuff. but i wanted to see what you guys think of the upcoming details on the car..

what i want to do is get halo lights.
Spyder Auto PRO-YD-CCOB05-HL-SM Smoke Halo LED Projection Headlight : Amazon.com : Automotive

Touchscreen stereo

Blackout taillights

You think those would be fine on a white cobalt?
Or is there better things than those.
Would love your feedbackk! :D thanks!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
The taillights I think just about every 2 door has those. Only because they are the only good looking ones out there.

Headlights are up to you. Personally I dont like the LED or the way the halos look, but that is me.

Stereo again is a personal preference. but the double din is the only way to go. Looks sick.

Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Personally I like the headlights you posted. I put some similar ones on mine and I they started out like this

and on monday I installed new rings so that they look like this now

here's an individual headlight with the halos

these new lights are super bright, its ridiculous

·
Registered
803 Posts
i do like the headlights you posted, but for 220 you might as well save 100 more and get a nice pair of retrofitted ones made to your liking.. or buy them used. but the output is unbeatable and they look amazing IMO.

for the stereo i think that you're heading in the right direction going with a Pioneer double din. I have the AVH-P4300DVD and I absolutely love the thing. I think you can't go wrong with that you posted. I'd also recommend upgrading the four speakers in the car as well.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Retrofit or nothing.

EBay/Internet Halo's are pretty much overdone.

I put HID's in my stock housings.

Yay, output/function :)

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Retrofit or nothing.

What he said. I loved my HID in the stock housing so far, just might need to raise it a bit.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I have hids in my stock housings aswell. More than bright enough, and im sorry, I really couldnt care who can see coming at me. If your eyesight is that bad then get the hell off the road

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Personally I like the headlights you posted. I put some similar ones on mine and I they started out like this

and on monday I installed new rings so that they look like this now

here's an individual headlight with the halos

these new lights are super bright, its ridiculous
Dude those are bright :eek: why did you install new rings tho?

i do like the headlights you posted, but for 220 you might as well save 100 more and get a nice pair of retrofitted ones made to your liking.. or buy them used. but the output is unbeatable and they look amazing IMO.

for the stereo i think that you're heading in the right direction going with a Pioneer double din. I have the AVH-P4300DVD and I absolutely love the thing. I think you can't go wrong with that you posted. I'd also recommend upgrading the four speakers in the car as well.
i am upgrading the four speakers. as of now i justt changed my door speakers to kickers. i juss waiting to get paid to get the back ones changed as well.

Retrofit or nothing.

What exactly is retrofit?
and im gunna leave HIDs in the stock housing for now. Then later i will change to halos.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
do those retrofits still work with a 9007 hid kit?

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Morimoto's?

I doubt they work with a 9007, most of the retrofits I've seen as of recent are "H" whatever bulbs.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
i believe the ones they sell are H1. A DIY kit looks fun if the funds are available

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.