Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the market for new tires ,want to know what a good kind is to buy ,i have dunlop right now ,.i dont drive the balt in the winter so i dont need snow tires, any help ? thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Big fan of any BFGoodrich, they seem to last longer. Have had Dunlops that wear really fast. And had some vehicles with Michelins that blew up in the driveway, sister had some Michelins on her car and stranded her when they went out within 6 months. In fact, the dealer that I bought my Ram from will send any vehicle with Michelins back to Doge because Michelin wouldnt honer warranties on tires that didnt even make it 10K miles when the dealer turnind in the warranty paperwork.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
my personal favourite is the falken 452 but they're definately not cheap

·
Registered
3,545 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
the 452 isn't to bad wear wise actually. my friend stuck about 15k on his driving quite hard last summer and they still have like 80% left

·
Registered
446 Posts
the 452 isn't to bad wear wise actually. my friend stuck about 15k on his driving quite hard last summer and they still have like 80% left
I have the same tires, which are great when they're broken in properly, but mine are almost gone after 30,000 miles and they start to lose their bite the further you roll on them. I don't feel like I can take corners as confidently as I used to. Also if you hit a bump while turning they don't catch as quickly as they used to. Not saying its bad, and they're great tire, just make sure you keep an eye on the tread wear.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I have the same tires, which are great when they're broken in properly, but mine are almost gone after 30,000 miles and they start to lose their bite the further you roll on them. I don't feel like I can take corners as confidently as I used to. Also if you hit a bump while turning they don't catch as quickly as they used to. Not saying its bad, and they're great tire, just make sure you keep an eye on the tread wear.
thats all you really can expect out of a high performance tire though

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats for the info guys.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
My IROC had ZIEX-512s on it, and boy did they have some grip - but they wore out insanely fast as well. Falkens are just very soft tires.

I'm looking into BFGoodrich's when I get my 18s.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
i'm gonna be getting some Yokohamas

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My IROC had ZIEX-512s on it, and boy did they have some grip - but they wore out insanely fast as well. Falkens are just very soft tires.

I'm looking into BFGoodrich's when I get my 18s.
i was wondering if they made tires still lol i had them on my old school cars.i will check them out . thanks kyle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.