Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna get ss struts but am not 100% sure on my suspension.. i think its fe1? i have a 07 LS 2 door.. not looking to get flammed just wanna have some better knowledge thanks!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks guys.. so fe5 anything wont fit my car?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright awesome thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
that link is the best price ive found, they also do a deal with springs or u can get the eibach spring/sway bar combo aswell, thats my plan

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Or you can buy my konis and SSi springs...lol Good price, plus they are adjustabale:)

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
that link is the best price ive found, they also do a deal with springs or u can get the eibach spring/sway bar combo aswell, thats my plan
The FE5 strut/shock and Pedders spring package is the best handling setup short of coilovers, and it's at a great price. For sway bars, which I'd recommend, I'd suggest the SS/SC 24mm front bar and OTTP rear bar (either street or hardcore).

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
FE5 > Koni. But the adjust ability feature of the Konis is nice.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so the koni's are coils? im confused lol

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so whats the difference? cant lower the konis a lot? or what

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
You can't lower Konis at all - they're just shocks/struts with adjustable damping/rebound.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Sorry I keep spamming these damn shocks...lol

Koni yellows are replacement shocks and struts with adjustable dampening. The only thing that will change your actual ride height is your springs. The advantage to putting in konis is that 1) you won't blow your shocks after you lower your car, 2) you can adjust the stiffness to make it either softer for more ride comfort or stiffer for more performance. FE5's are definitely superior shocks to the FE1's but what you get is what you get. If its too soft or too stiff for your liking you are stuck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.