Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to continue making my engine bay shine and I have a few parts that would be much easier to work on if I could remove them. Mostly just hose connections that Im afraid will spray gas, oil, coolant, etc all over if I pull them out, so I figured id come here and simply ask since the cobalt gods seem to reside here.

Circled here in green are the two metal "cylinders" that run across the front of the valve cover pretty much...Im guessing theres the injectors under there, but Im still learning so I could be wrong. Id like to disconnect their hoses and pull them off all together so I can clean, polish, etc them. I may also replace some of the hoses as well to fancy things up a little

Here id like to unplug the electrical wiring(think its the same on you splice for installing a bm shiftplus) as well as anything else plugged in right there. I just want to sand the metal there a little to clean it up

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

I can get better pics or be more specific need be...

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
In the first pic, the piece that is two rubber hoses and a solid steel hose is some kind of coolant line. I replaced mine with braided stainless steel hose. Do not know if you can remove the other safely.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Yeah - there's a fuel line and the Fuel Rail is the big one.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
SO how would I go about disconnecting them without spraying fuel or coolant all over, or if the engines off should it not leak out even if disconnected?
The one that I said was the coolant line: with the engine cold and not running just remove the clamps and remove. Install is reverse, braided stainless line looks real good as a replacement to that line BTW.

If you remove the fuel line there is alot of work after install, you have to bleed the fuel line, other wise you get air in the system and the car runs like ass.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.