Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys had my 05 cobalt for 3 years now. been picking through balt forums for a few years now. do some interior exterior basic stuff but am tired of all show no go :bigsmile: im a newbie when it comes to performance builds but im an engineering student and am sure ill be able to pick it up. looking forward to learning from you guys. got any suggestions on what i should do as a first project to give my balt some extra juice and ease me into it all :toung:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
sedans arent that bad, you just cant try to rice them out or its a big FAIL! Just go along with the mentality that a coupe is a sporty version, and the sedan is more of a "nice" car, dont lower it too mugh, because you'll be like me and cant have 2 people in the back seat but yeah, WELCOME!

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Welcome! I'm also an engineering student. Mechanical, 3rd year. almost done YAAAY!!! lol. If you want to learn lots about performance join your school's formula SAE team, (that is if they have one...but they should), you could learn a LOT about 4-cylinder engines etc and there's usually some really knowledgeable people there.

Hope to see you doing some nice performance mods soon! i"m debating/hoping to go turbo next summer but i'm still not sure, for a few reasons, if I should yet. We shall see I guess

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nice thanks for the warm welcome everyone. i agree man, i actually really like the sedan. and theres no way im gonna rice it out i hate that look im trying to go classy. my balts black with 5% tints all around. i got 17" ace alloys wrapped in toyo proxes ( not liking the huge gap she may need to be dropped properly soon). swapped out the stock headunit and did some custom work installing 6x8 RF Powers in place of the horrible front speakers that were fading in and out. have some interior led's etc. etc. i'll try to post some pics up tmrw. also I'm over here in seaford so any islanders out there keep any eye out i'm perpetually driving around :bigsmile:

---------- Post added at 02:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

sedans arent that bad, you just cant try to rice them out or its a big FAIL! Just go along with the mentality that a coupe is a sporty version, and the sedan is more of a "nice" car, dont lower it too mugh, because you'll be like me and cant have 2 people in the back seat but yeah, WELCOME!
hey whats up man i'm really interested in lowering my sedan and yours is riding real low so maybe you could give me some advice. im assuming you just swapped out the springs and didnt touch the struts. ive heard mixed things about just throwing the springs in but a lot of people seem to do it and no problems. so have you had any issues with your setup and any recommendations and how low to go? you mentioned not to go to low and i def wanna heed that warning haha

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
you gotta pay to play if you want a proper drop. i've been driving around long island with about 3 inches of ground clearance for about 2 months now and my front bumper is still there. it's not too bad. you might see me around route 135 i'm over there often.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.