Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im me to this page. You should check out my cobalt and let me know what you think.
Leave comments and advice please.

have a wonderful day thanks

·
Registered
911 Posts
welcome, nice looking car \m/

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
X2 clean ride. Need some 18's To fill the gap besides that I'm really liking the ride

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
18s

Yeah, thanks guys.
Im a college student and trying to do what I can with the little money I have.
But I did wanna go with 18s. But I got a really good deal on the 17s.
They were a great choice. Not only do I love the bronze color (which I was really hesitant of at first), but they are light weight and with a little more rubber on them it rides A LOT smoother than the 16s with low pros.
Those were just temporary.

Any ideas for some sheep mods? Looking for suggestions.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
nice ride. Did you also install power locks and windows? I see you have them although it's an LS base model. I'm looking to put power windows in also. but OEM stuff, no aftermarket crap.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Power WIndows

I found a guy on craigslist parting out a cobalt SS. HE lived about 2 hours from me but I drove to his shop and he had the al black leather SS interior waiting for me. He wanted 500 but I gave him an old laptop, a cheep head unit, and a 100 dollar bill.
Included was
- leather front and back seats.
- black underside of the dash.
- door panels (with power switches)
- back side panels.
- back dash.
- window motors and actuators

Well I figured that I would just hardwire them to work as I have done with a previous vehicle.
The cobalt is a little different than I Had expected and I just didn't have the knowledge to hook it up myself. So, I took it into a local shop and had it all hooked up there. I got a 20% discount because I am a student, which was nice.
I had them hook up a car alarm system as well as the key less entry at the same time.

I believe it cost a bit over 300$ in all. Well worth it. All my power windows and door locks work and I have a key fob plus an alarm system on an LS all for about 700 dollars. I did get a good deal on all of it tho...it was a long process too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.