Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey wassup guys I got my 09 Cobalt LT 2.2L (im pretty sure) about a month ago and im enjoying the hell out of it. Im a total noob with cars and im hoping i can learn some in this forum, so i will probably be asking silly questions (if i havent found an answer). Im not looking to do much modding on my car yet since my insurance cost a pretty penny, but i do want to change the stock lights! I also looked at some of you guys vehicle and i see ya put a lot of work into it.

tl;dr - Hello all, not doing much modding yet. Nice cars!

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im still looking for which lights i want, i probably wont get anything too special. i will probably go the retrofit route for now.

·
Registered
177 Posts
welcome to the forum man its rly a great place to be! what color is your car? post some pics up man. and as far as modding goes the insurance company doesnt need to know ;D but id start off with some lowering springs. they arent too pricey (around 200$) and they make a difference!

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i got a silver one and all your sexy cars put mine to shame but ill post a pic up anyways!

insurance company isnt gonna know nothing! and around $200 is a good price range i like the sound of that! Im still beginning with the lights though. I know it will get addicting thats why im starting slowly but surely!

blurry pic...but i havent taken much pics of it this is the best one. Im also missing one of the wheel cover things that go in the middle on the front tire. If you look close you can see it lol >.< where are those things bought?

·
Registered
177 Posts
looks nice bro! getting new lights was the first thing i did. for sure get hid's get some 6k's those arent too blue and it makes a huge visual difference.. if you want there are a couple sites you can get new headlights from one supported site is buyhids.com if you want other ones JUST for the hid's feel free to pm me you can get a set for 45$ shipped and they last a while!

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
thanks for the info, i like the site they have lots of things there...but if i just want the bulbs to fit in the existing headlight sockets (idk if that is what is called) which ones do i choose, or is that what you were stating in the ending of your sentence?

EDit: i guess this is the one im looking for? http://buyhids.com/retrofit_headlights.html

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks much for the input!

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey im ready to purchase the 9007 Xenon HID Kit (bi-xenon) will i need to purchase the relay harness and slim ballast? I want everything to go perfectly fine when installed. If its necessary i will get it. My lights are currently stock btw.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea I did a bit of searching which I should have done, ordered it with the relay, can't wait till those badboys come in!

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey guys my emergency lights button on the dash isnt working right, i press it down and it doesnt stay, i played around with it a bit thinking it was stuck in a weird way but no luck. If i hold it down of course it works though. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
major thread revival, just posting my new mats that i got, now need 2 backseat ones

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Hey guys my emergency lights button on the dash isnt working right, i press it down and it doesnt stay, i played around with it a bit thinking it was stuck in a weird way but no luck. If i hold it down of course it works though. Any suggestions?
Probably need a new switch or a junkyard one. Easy to change. Nice mats, is this so you don't forget your in a Chevrolet?

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
hey im ready to purchase the 9007 Xenon HID Kit (bi-xenon) will i need to purchase the relay harness and slim ballast? I want everything to go perfectly fine when installed. If its necessary i will get it. My lights are currently stock btw.
Get the relay harness...

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All old problems have been solved thanks for the info though. To answer you coby yea it's to remember my car is a good ol Chevy :D

Sent from my PG86100

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.