Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use valvoline. I use it in all my cars, including a 235, 000 mile leak free saturn that I sold to buy my cobalt.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Valvaline full synthetic and Purolator filter for synthetic.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Whatever is on sale. Synthetic, but I'm not that fussy. Now my mustang only got mobile 1 but this is a cobalt so I'm not as fussy

·
Registered
978 Posts
Mobil 1 and wix filter

·
Registered
313 Posts
I've used the walmart brand oil in other cars 3 yrs and saw no diffrence reg oil changes. But with the Balt I use Mobil 1 and puro filter. Do you guys see any difference with different oil/filter?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I notice no difference and that's why I use whatever is on sale :)

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You won't notice any difference short term if you do regular oil changes. My Mitsubishi is going to turn 400000Kms this week. Always used synthetic oil. For the first time ever I've had to add a liter of oil between oil changes which span 12000Kms. I change the filter half way.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
like I said I always use synthetic, but I don't think you'll notice a difference between 5w-30 of different brands.

By switching my cobalt to synthetic I have noticed when I replaced the oil pan that the black grim (filmy stuff) in the oil pan was being washed away :)

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
AMSOil. Valvoline VR1 if AMSOil isn't available.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I use any Synthetic thats on sale, however, do change it every 3000 miles. I could get by with real oil, but am worried about cold winter starts at up to -25 air temps here in the winter and think Synthetics gives me an edge!

·
Registered
350 Posts
I use Mobil 1 full synthetic with a WIX or NAPA Gold filter. I change it at around 10% life left. I drive about 2000 miles per month, so I try to make my oil last. Work is about a 44 mile commute.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Many Alaskans swear by Royal Purple or Amsoil...
AK-49

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
I use Castrol EDGE Sytec with a FRAM filter (top-of-the-line Canadian Tire filter) I burned a bit of oil last change and noticed a white kinda filmy gunk under my oil fill cap. I think water got in and I had a little blow by possibly due to pushing the car too hard on a cold engine. Nowadays, I don't beat it until the idle comes down to about 800 RPM. Oil level is right where I left it.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.