Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, do you guys like Lancer Evolutions?

When I'm in my mid 20's it is the car I'm hoping to get one after I sell my Cobalt(keep in mind Cobalt is my first car).

I just love everything about it, it has a nice aggressive look to it so a body kit is unnecessary, it's performance is pretty good, and the price isn't half bad.

So I want your guy's opinions.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I like evo's. But you thinking of getting one brand new or older? I like the old evo's but I really like the new ones. They got pretty good review when car and driver tested them over long period use. I wouldn't use it as a daily driver, though, I'd want to keep it real nice.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
I like the hood and front end, but that's about it. I don't think I would spend that kind of money on them. I would just go for the Camaro SS or even a Challenger, you know, a sports car.

·
Registered
88 Posts
they are one sweet whip, a guy at the gym I go to drives one so I check it out like every day! But I would rather have a subaru sti, just preference

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
they are one sweet whip, a guy at the gym I go to drives one so I check it out like every day! But I would rather have a subaru sti, just preference
Same here... Its a nice looking car, but I don't roll with Mitsubishi lol..

I'd skip both of those and get a real car though, like Will said. But- a Challenger is far from a sports car, its a tugboat cross country cruiser if anything. Camaro Z28 or the new Mustang 305 would be my choices.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I can appreciate them for what they are but man the new ones are stupidly expensive.. arent they like 40grand?(CND)

there are a LOT of cars I would look at first... like a subaru STI.. the older sedan one though, Blue, Gold rims and a big wing :bigsmile:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahaha it's funny you guys mention the STI, it's pretty much the Evo's rival (I'm sure you already knew this).

I like evo's. But you thinking of getting one brand new or older? I like the old evo's but I really like the new ones. They got pretty good review when car and driver tested them over long period use. I wouldn't use it as a daily driver, though, I'd want to keep it real nice.
Yeah I love the new ones, the older ones look sort of blocky and square-ish but the new ones have such a nice smooth design to them.

I can appreciate them for what they are but man the new ones are stupidly expensive.. arent they like 40grand?(CND)

there are a LOT of cars I would look at first... like a subaru STI.. the older sedan one though, Blue, Gold rims and a big wing :bigsmile:
Idk prices REALLY differ for the evo, pretty much it's either in the $13,000 range, low $20,000 or for the almost brand new ones with low miles it's like $34,000.

But I don't mind owning a used car with around 50k miles, I wouldn't own the evo for too long since I would grow out of those kind of cars eventually :bigsmile:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sexiest (Affordable) car ever made... They're just plain better

Motor is better
Tranny is better
Looks is better
Quality is waaaaay better
Aftermarket support is better
Everything else is just plain better too

·
Registered
680 Posts
It's going to be my future car...
The older ones anyways lol
The new one are ugly IMO
Beautiful car ^-^

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Same here... Its a nice looking car, but I don't roll with Mitsubishi lol..

I'd skip both of those and get a real car though, like Will said. But- a Challenger is far from a sports car, its a tugboat cross country cruiser if anything. Camaro Z28 or the new Mustang 305 would be my choices.
302 man the mustang is a 302

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.