Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been using Krylon Clear Coat Gloss and it hasnt been making anything I spray glossy. I tried to spray my tails down after using Night Shades, and all the Clear Coat did was make it look faded. A flat faded look.
Also, on my interior trim pieces, they aren't glossy at all.

Whats the deal?

Is there a better type of Clear Coat out there?

Heres the pic of the Clear Coat:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Try using a higher gloss paint. The clear coat (depending on the brand and type) is usually just meant to put a protectve layer over your paint job. I might be wrong, but that was the impression I got when using it for various things. Go to lowes and check out the paint section, tell the person working there what you are trying to do and what you want, they are pretty good about letting you know what you need.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try using a higher gloss paint. The clear coat (depending on the brand and type) is usually just meant to put a protectve layer over your paint job. I might be wrong, but that was the impression I got when using it for various things. Go to lowes and check out the paint section, tell the person working there what you are trying to do and what you want, they are pretty good about letting you know what you need.
Alright. I might try that.

Anyone who had used a good Clear Coat, please let me know what it was. I'd appreciate it. And also, wax the tails afterwards?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
As long as you wait a good week or so, you can wax and polish even the interior pieces. That should help a lot with the shine. Also If you have too much "orange peal" effect it won't really shine. I have been using the same clear you did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.