Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! First post here! I am looking to replace my front wheel bearing and I was thinking that perhaps I should go for an upgrade! First of all is it worth going past OEM ones? If so what would y'all recommend? :) :) :)

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
I can't say there really is any kind of any upgraded version that I have seen out there.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I replaced a rear one with an AC Delco off Amazon and it didn't last very long. Ended up replacing it with a Moog.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
Yep - I think the one I replaced up front with a Raybestos lasted about 30-40k miles, and drove me nuts trying to fix it (I replaced axles, was worried it was the transmission, replaced the other side's wheel bearing, and then finally replaced it - with the old other side's as a test - and it's been great since).

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Like I always say, a wheel bearing can be bad from the get go or last forever. Cobalts and Malibus are notorious for prematurely losing wheel bearings, luckily they are cheap to replace. The first time I replaced a wheel bearing on my Mitsubishi Outlander it had over 450000 Kms with original alternator.

Wheel bearings on the Cobalt can easily be damaged by a bad pothole or even nudging a curb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.