Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys/gals,

When I had my winter studded tires on I had a howling noise at higher speeds in the front drivers side and even more when the wheel is cut right. I just got my summer tires on and the noise is still there. I am assuming a wheel bearing needs to be replaced but when I look wheel bearing up online for my car it keeps coming up no parts and shows a "hub bearing" Is this what I need to order? Or are they not the same thing?
Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey there is about 93,000km's
How much do the bearings roughly go for? and is this something I could get my boyfriend to change or is it best I tae it to the dealer. My bumper to bumper is obviously done so it wont be covered I am assuming
Thanks

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
Hey there is about 93,000km's
How much do the bearings roughly go for? and is this something I could get my boyfriend to change or is it best I tae it to the dealer. My bumper to bumper is obviously done so it wont be covered I am assuming
Thanks
I never looked into the bearings for these cars...You can call around to local dealers and auto parts stores and just shop around.

Junkyard is a possibility as well, as long as the donor car has low miles.

A bearing is something that could possibly be changed by your b/f provided he has tools and the know how.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
napa can get em in. I got one from them for my civic but I got it basically at cost so Im not sure what it'll cost you...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Go to NAPA, get wheel bearing (hub assembly) and have your boyfriend install it.
If he has any mechanical knowledge at all.... no problem !
around a $100

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
IIRC, the bearing isn't servicable and requires a new hub assembly. I suggest you have an impact wrench.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey
I called the dealer and the wheel bearing is under warranty "power terrain warranty" untill 160,000km's and I only have 93,000km's so yay, saves me some money and kinda glad I called because I was about to go and buy the wheel bearing myself.
Thanks Guys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.