Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just watched a video from hubcaps.com, a very reputable company when it comes to selling hubcaps. They have a facility with tons of hubcaps in it and are very professional. Anyway, now that I know I'm not dealing with a bs company I wanted to try out what they suggested in the video to touch up wheel covers. I am looking for the oem wheel cover paint in a spray can or a close match. Anyone have any idea where I can find it?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
tirerack.com/new-rims!!! lol, I'm sure your local parts store has a rattle can for ya!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would get rims but I'm on a budget and also my factory steel wheels look terrible. I never get how people make them stay so deep black and shinny. For me to be able to just sport steel I'd have to take them off abd refinish them. I just prefer the wheel cover touch up honestly. I know it's rare for someone to do that but at the same time makes sense for someone on a budget who also likes to keep their car looking nice/new. Since it came with those covers. Replacement oem aren't that expensive but if I can pull this off it'll save money. Non oem are cheap but are always terrible looking.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Spray the lip of your steel wheels to match your car, the tape that off and spray the rest of the wheel black so it looks nice and deep, you can clear it or leave it. Wa-la, actually looks pretty good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.