Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Not positive, but I think factory offest is +42 on your car. So it should be ok for the 18X7.5 but the 8.5 might be too wide. I'd just call a wheel or tire shop and ask. They should be able to tell you

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
8.5 in 38 should be fine. an 8" wheel should be able to clear in any offset between 45 and 35 hope this helps.

·
Registered
98 Posts
ive run a 7.5 with a 35mm offset.

idk if that really helps just felt it was appropriate to post in the thread lol.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

i dont see why we cant run a like 0 offset. just cut up the fenders lol :laugh:

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
i've been through enough sets of wheels i feel like an expert on widths and offsets, what fits and what doesn't haha.

custom sucks.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
8.5 +35 up front

9.5 +45 in the rear. Waaaay to wide in the rear, +30 or +25 would have been better in the rear.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
well im thinking about getting a 8.5 35+ up front and a 9.5 35+ in rear would that fit?

and also arent your fenders rolled? or am i thinking of someone else?
Try to avoid anything bigger than 8.5. My 19's rub like a mofo in the rear, and it's really not safe to drive the way they do.

Nope, my fenders are the way the came from the factory. I actually don't have clearance issues on the fenders, just the fender lining. The wheels are simply so wide, they don't fit in the wheel well. Now, my friend John has made it work with 17's, but that's a whole different story.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
why hello there!:blink:

lol

Try to avoid anything bigger than 8.5. My 19's rub like a mofo in the rear, and it's really not safe to drive the way they do.

Nope, my fenders are the way the came from the factory. I actually don't have clearance issues on the fenders, just the fender lining. The wheels are simply so wide, they don't fit in the wheel well. Now, my friend John has made it work with 17's, but that's a whole different story.
i was looking at hte website of the rims im getting and it says the 18x7.5 has a bigger lip than the 18x8.5.. so ill be getting the 7.5 so i should be good

thanks for your help will

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.