Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my springs installed. I noticed that when I'm making a turn and accelerate I'm getting a slight shake in my wheel.

Not sure what role the springs play in causing a shake or shimmy, but its now there and it wasnt...

TIA!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Now for my question... I just lowered on progress springs and put on my new rims. I used hubcentric rings and my wheels don't vibrate, but when I brake my steering column and brake pedal vibrates. Any idea why?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Now for my question... I just lowered on progress springs and put on my new rims. I used hubcentric rings and my wheels don't vibrate, but when I brake my steering column and brake pedal vibrates. Any idea why?
Warped rotors

·
Registered
787 Posts
yes i got an alignment and it didnt do it before i put on the new rims and the springs. so i dont think rotors would be the problem unless that is what caused them to warp. and they only shake under hard braking or slowing down from 40

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
When you put on larger/heavier rims you will feel it much more than stock. I'll bet money on warped rotors..

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Or just have them turned.. I had the same problem, turned the rotors and got another 20k out of them

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.