Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if these wheels will fit well on the cobalt? I know they are 4x100 which is the right bolt pattern but idk how wide they are and idk about the tire size, bc i would prefer not messing up my speedometer....

16" Rota Slipstream, wrapped in 205/45/16

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
they will fit...but I would go with at least a 50 or 55 on the sidewall...45 might be a bit to thin on a 16"

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so i can never remember, given tire sizes, ***/**/17 for example.

*** is the width of the tire? and
** is the height of the tire? of the sidewall?

bc i do want the low profile look but i want a decent amount of tread around it. Ik its important bc i remember the tire shop told me not to put my new Cooper tires on the balt stock wheels bc they were taller and thinner....

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
*** width = Yes

** Sidewall = Yes.

You want to stay within stock overall tire height to maintain proper a proper speedometer and stuff.

i can't find the tire size calculator right now..but i know you want to at least go with a 50 sidewall to be close to stock.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was bugging me, so i had to go check my tires that were on it when i bought it and still on it. 195/60/15 and they work great for the steelies.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tire Size Calculator - tire & wheel plus sizing

with the tire size you originally posted, your speedometer would be almost 4% off. its not recommended to have a change of 3% or more.

if you run with 205/50/16 your speedometer will only be 0.58% off which is nearly perfect
Great link, thanks a lot :) That will be a big help for me looking to buy used wheels with tires

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.