Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...they tend to **** shit up. This was the sight i was greeted with this morning when i went to leave for work. At around 630 this morning my alarm key fob went off 3 times for the shock sensor being tripped and the alarm sounding. I was sleeping when it happened but my mom was getting ready for work. She heard something outside but by time got to the door whoever did it was already gone. I didnt get pics of the driver side windows but there was scuffs/scratches on both windows from where it looked like they tried to ram the pig threw the window as well. This thing was solid cement and weighed a good 100 - 150 pounds. Called the cops and when they came all they could say was "Well this something new" and had to kinda laugh a little. He had to call backup to have someone help him take the pig off the car and come with a truck to hall it back to the station for evidence. The insurance company called a tow truck to come pick it up and take it to the repair shop and set me up with a rental. I am going to have them see about replacing the hood with a cf hood and pay the difference possibly.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Some people are jerks. There's nothing we can do to change them. Good for you for keeping it positive. Good luck with the CF!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
wow, that's definitely new to me, lol. I saw the title and thought it was something else, LMAO!

Good luck with getting the CF hood bro!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
That sucks man! Some ppl just have no respect. Is the hood really that messed up? Looks like just paint to me.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
^^yeah thats definatly something knew to me too. i want to know why they used a 150 pound cement pig, instead of a 2 pound brick....? What were they trying to accomplish.

And if i was you i wuld go with a fiberglass ram air hood, instead of the CF. i think they look much better. Just my opinion. And they are cheaper too, if money is a problem.
http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/images/headers/header006.jpg

kinda like that guy!

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
That sucks man, and way to go for the police officers who really know how to represent their department, laughing, wtf. Way to keep it positive though. Hope they catch the people.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The insurance company and the body shop were handling everything perfectly. They even inspected the car several times to make sure everything that got damaged would be replaced. The original date for me to get my car back was Monday. This was before they realized that the driver side glass all needed to be replaced which i originally told them it would need to be done. This set things back to Tuesday. However Tuesday one of the pieces of glass arrived damaged and that they would have to reorder it from a different vendor. This sets the time back another day to Wednesday. All of this isn't what has me ticked off.

The hood was damaged and needed to be repaired. From day 1 I told them not to repair it that I would just get a CF hood instead. For going this route they cut me a check for the amount that the insurance gave them to do the repair for the hood. The shop wanted me to locate a hood so and pay for it and have it sent to them. They called Tuesday asking about when it would arrive. I told them that it would not be going to their shop. I explained that I purchased it from Ebay and payed using paypal and that it needed to be shipped to a confirmed address. They didn't have a problem with this and then asked when i would be bringing back my stock hood.

They had done some repair to the hood on accident and decided that because they stuck money into it they want to keep it for future use. At this point i went off on them stating that I never authorized the repair of the hood and that its not my fault they messed up. They then tried to tell me that if I wanted to keep it that I would owe them for it that they gave me too much money to begin with from the insurance. They said that there was a profit margin figured in that they wouldve never gave to me if they knew i was keeping the hood and that the check was never authorized. I was like that is complete and utter BS. The check was signed by the owner of the company and was given for the amount of labor and paint estimated for the job NOTHING MORE. At this point I am furious and they knew it. They decided to say well we will have to look into the situation and get back with you tomorrow. I have not heard anything from them.

The glass didnt arrive Tuesday like scheduled so they had to call the company and finally got it late Wednesday afternoon. They then just realized that it needed to be tinted. They called me to find out what percent and I thought they would just do it and be done with it finally, but that's not the case. My insurance rep just called and informed me that the shop is waiting on having someone come in to tint the 1 rear side window. Apparently they don't have anyone in house that knows how to tint. With this delay I am not scheduled to get the car until Friday now. On the plus side I did the tint myself and now it will be professionally done and they didn't mention anything about wanting my hood. I'm hoping they just decided to drop it cause I wasn't giving into their BS

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Congrats on everything bro, and you betta post some pics with that carbon fiber hood!!!!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone, I got the car back today. For those wondering I got around $400 from the insurance company that was going to be used towards repairs. I am getting the ViS G-Force some places also call it the ViS G-Speed. It retails for $850 but got it on ebay for $475. I should be receiving it sometime next week. I will be sure to take pics of it installed

·
Registered
69 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.