Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Someone else will chime in, but I believe there's a recall on this.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

General Motors to recall nearly 41,000 Chevrolet and Pontiac vehicles for possible fuel leaks - NY Daily News
I called my local chevy dealer, they said I have no recall under my VIN. For them to see the leak they gonna have to drop the gas tank. I'm pretty sure they going to charge me for this. So I would rather do the work myself. GM wants $400 for a new pump assembly. Trying to see if I can find one cheaper, or maybe used.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
While you can certainly pursue that route if necessary, I would escalate your request and push a bit harder. This is a legitimate safety concern.

Chevy Customer Service want to chime in?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a letter from gm that came in the mail that says to show it when this problem occurs and they have to honor it as warranty work. Haven't yet with this or the ignition one.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I called my local chevy dealer, they said I have no recall under my VIN. For them to see the leak they gonna have to drop the gas tank. I'm pretty sure they going to charge me for this. So I would rather do the work myself. GM wants $400 for a new pump assembly. Trying to see if I can find one cheaper, or maybe used.
Think its a silent recall. Call another dealer and really push for it.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
If you go the used route call local junk yards. Shouldn't be more than $150 for a used pump/sending unit. I sell them for $75 usually, but have none currently :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.