Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to find a spare wheel for my 09 Cobalt. Not exactly sure what to be looking for. I know it's 4 lug pattern but beyond that is there anything else I need to know. I'd like to get it free. Basically want it to mount one of my old spare tires on it. Had an incident where I caught a nail and it was a Sunday. So couldn't go to Town Fair. And you can't drive too far on a donut, especially not on the highway, even though people do it. So plan was to mount a spare old tire and have it handy in case I'm ever in a crunch where I can get home and just change it there.

·
Registered
563 Posts
You want a rim for free? I don't see that happening. But keep an eye out on craigslist. You might find a 4lug cobalt rim with a tire for cheap

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I've found that even yards charge 40-50 for wheels. You can buy a new rim for about 30 more. Craigs is probably your best bet.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Stick with the donut less wait.
But if u wanna sell urs I'll happily buy it. I need one dealership was being a cheap ass And gave me a 5 lug donut. Non Chevy dealer

·
Registered
36 Posts
You-Pull-It type wrecking yards. They are all cheap on stock type wheels. Tell them you don't care about the tire. You just might get a decent tire anyway for the same price, probably about $10.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.