Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to find cheap blacked out heads and tail lamps but i cant find anything for under like 350. anyone?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what is the best route? because as long as im not going broke for them ill do either of the two!

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
what is the best route? because as long as im not going broke for them ill do either of the two!
Cheap, DIY paint headlight housing, tint headlights. Or if you wanna go all the way, then get BA headlights, HIDs, projectors, what have you.
Tails, definitely go with night shades if youre gonna black out.
VHT Nightshades is about 10 bucks a can. One can is plenty enough to get you through.

Read up on all the threads on how to nightshade and pointers people give.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha thanks boss :laugh: ill check it out tomorrow morning!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
1 can of gloss black krylon fusion spray paint was enough to do both of my headlights.

It costed 8$ at Hardware store

1 can of vht nightshade and 1 can of clear coat was enough to do my tail lights, reverse lights, side markers, and third brake light.

It costed 20$ shipped

Total= 28$, you cant be that broke.

If you dont feel like doing it yourself you can, buy tinted taillight and reverse lights that wont be 100% to your likings for like 90$ on ebay, and thats without the third brake light and side markers.

Then black housing headlights you can buy on ebay for $150.

Total= $240

Which route would you choose?

·
Registered
547 Posts
The VHT is the way to go price wise, but I choose to buy my tail lights and I will be buying black headlights because if I every trade my car I will want to take it back to stock. The dealers really don't give you anything extra for those types of mods.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
buddy of mine has night shaded stockers.

might be willing to sell them to you if your interested
id have to ask him though

pm me if your intrested and we can talk more about it

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
The VHT is the way to go price wise, but I choose to buy my tail lights and I will be buying black headlights because if I every trade my car I will want to take it back to stock. The dealers really don't give you anything extra for those types of mods.
You can always take off the Nightshades with goof off, and then spray the stock color tails with clear and they are like new again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.