Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I scratched and dented a fender a while ago, and have neglected to touch up the paint that came off. In a very small speck, it went past the base coat and onto the bare metal in a 2-3mm space.

Just 2 days ago I pulled an off roading stunt on the highway crossing a mud bog to get off the highway because of extreme traffic conditions, and I came off a 4 inch curb and put 4 very little nicks in my bumper- can't leave all of the issues, especially the fender unaddressed.

So, what are some sites with good pricing that sell authentic GM paint for our cars? Don't feel like getting ripped off locally for it. Also, I'd probably need to do a coat of clear on top of the touch up paint, any suggestions?

Thanks guys and gals,

Tom.

(BTW I did a forum and google search on this, there are tons of sites- I just want something that I won't get ripped off with and is authentic).. Looking for Summit White.

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
to get color matched paint...i got to napa...or any other autobody parts store that can mix paint. mine cost under $20 to mix up a little can....can't remember the size sorry.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That doesn't sound bad, I wonder if the guys at Strauss or Autozone do that here? I have no NAPA or Advance Auto around here :eek:h:, but I guess worth a shot. On monday I'll swing by, that is unless I'm in CT buying a 95 Firebird Formula I'm supposed to go check out really soon :love:.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Advance auto parts has the best selction of the little pen type touch up for chips and O'Relly's can make different sizes that will come closest to match your paint for bigger issues.

·
Registered
455 Posts
i got lucky the dealership mailed me a little kit with the touch up paint about six months after i got the car.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ Yeah I've heard people on the forums have gotten that... Wtf we got the car from the biggest dealer in the city- so I would think I'd get something like that too. We've only owned the car for 5 months, so maybe I should give them a call if we should even expect one- or if they provide something like that at all.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i just bout some from the dealership where i bought my balt. it was like the containers you see at autozone or walmart. it was the exact color and total was $12.52.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.