Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
You haven't been here long enough then!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
:noworry:I know, for people that already know this,it might be funny, but only because it reminds us of the day we discovered ours back there.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
It's convenient for systems and required for certain types of racing. Plus, if it ever came out of the brace You wouldn't have a hole in your headlight!

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
But the whole reasoning behind it was to avoid damage to the battery in a head-on collision so OnStar equipped vehicles would still send out a distress signal and doors would unlock.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I remember the day my sister woke me up because her boyfriends car wouldn't start. She has a cobalt too and I walked outside and he had one jumper cable hooked up to the fuse box thinking it was the battery. I starting cracking up and popped the trunk and I was like, ta-da!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
There are posts in the engine bay. The positive does come out of the fuse box.

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
The whole chassis is negative....the manual suggest one of the three strut studs.

·
Registered
584 Posts
But the whole reasoning behind it was to avoid damage to the battery in a head-on collision so OnStar equipped vehicles would still send out a distress signal and doors would unlock.
I was also told that it helps with down force Haha.

[Insert signature here]

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
But if you get rear ended your car will lose all electricity i'm sure

·
Registered
803 Posts
:noworry:I know, for people that already know this,it might be funny, but only because it reminds us of the day we discovered ours back there.
haha yes, i was like oh there it is... nope, its just the fuse box.. guess ill check the trunk

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
But if you get rear ended your car will lose all electricity i'm sure
But rear enders are usually at a much slower impact and the batterry is right in front of the bumper bar.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
But rear enders are usually at a much slower impact and the batterry is right in front of the bumper bar.
True true there. Also if you get rear ended they are paying for any damage :laugh:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.