Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been tired of running into the cops lately. I've never been pulled over for about a year for not having a front license plate. Then this cop writes me up for not having one, which was okay since I was going 45-50 in a 25 lol. Still, after two weeks the same guy pulls me over for the same thing and not having a seat belt, so he writes me for a seat belt! Tired of this sh!t, I made a temporary front license plate mod, by gluing and securing a microfiber towel to the back of my front license and then zip tieing it to my bumper.

So what I need now is, what does the back license plate light look like? I got pulled over for that this time, angry I jumped out of my car and looked to see no light fixture. Can anyone post a pic of the fixture or help me with this? I may think I maybe hid it in the rear bumper absorber when I replaced my rear bumper. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
803 Posts
in the middle of the rear bumper up top by your license plate youll see two phillips screws.

un-do those and a little light fixture should be moving around and you can pull it down and access the bulb by pinching together two pieces of plastic.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Worst piece of _hit engineering I've ever seen. Moisture keeps getting in mine & blowing bulbs. Went through 2 in the last 6 months. That was after I also replaced the socket!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I use an LED bulb and have no problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.